Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Shacking Up  (Read 10014 times)

Roxie

• Sr. Citizen
  • Who wants a clean house!?!?!?
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Shacking Up
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2005, 12:03:06 PM »
I clean my bf's house.  But only bcuz I know how busy he is...if he was home all day playing Playstation - I wouldn't pick up a thing!!! >:(

wow, you talk to some really nice girls. cleaning your crib? they must be saints. :D
Think before you speak.

faith2005

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2005, 12:03:40 PM »
now is this the back story to the one you posted before where you said you and your sister got into arguments b/c dude was always over your house? that makes total sense now roxie. I would have tried to beat his a$$ as well if he were messing with my sister.  :-\

Roxie

• Sr. Citizen
  • Who wants a clean house!?!?!?
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2005, 12:06:06 PM »
Yep.  My sister knew his a$$ wasn't worth a damn....but of course, do we ever listen when big sis or Mom tells us what to do....

now is this the back story to the one you posted before where you said you and your sister got into arguments b/c dude was always over your house? that makes total sense now roxie. I would have tried to beat his a$$ as well if he were messing with my sister.  :-\
Think before you speak.

j.rosh

« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2005, 12:07:17 PM »
I guess everybody has to learn on their own.  I HAD a friend who used to clean her bf's house just to have an excuse to be over there.  Once I told her he was cheating, our friendship ended.  
I don't agree with shacking up, for me.

HBCU.EDU

« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2005, 12:10:52 PM »
I think it's cool to live together if you are engaged. if you have a ring on your finger and a wedding date set I don't see the problem. to each his own. carry on.   

THE BLUE SWEATER

• Sr. Citizen
  • Home of the Blue Sweater
    • AOL Instant Messenger - kingofzamundaa
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2005, 12:14:59 PM »
Shacking up from what I've seen doesn't work. ( Women have tried and failed to do the leave some clothes over and whatever). Just save it for marriage because yes 98.1% of males won't commit further if their is no incentive. Beside's don't you guys know the financial incentives of marriage. Tax breaks people!
UVA Class of 2009

Find out just what people will submit to, and you have found out the exact amount of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them..  The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress.

-Fredrick Douglass

lex19

« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2005, 12:16:01 PM »
co-sign, my good friend just got married and had lived with her fiance for a year and a half before they got engaged....but he's a great guy and i'm confident that they'll be together forever (knocking on wood)

I think it's cool to live together if you are engaged. if you have a ring on your finger and a wedding date set I don't see the problem. to each his own. carry on.   

Muse

• Sr. Citizen
  • I heart Naomi!
    • View Profile
    • Yeah I have one...like everyone else.
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2005, 12:38:41 PM »
Wow Roxie, how were your even attracted to this guy? I hope he was Boris Kodjoe.  :) But you know I have a lot of friends moving in with their boyfriends now that they have graduated from college. BIG MISTAKE in my opinion. Shacking up actually lowers the probability of marriage entering the picture. Couples living together might sound finanally advantagous, but the consequences don't seem worth it in the end. In fact I do believe that men have the mentality that "why should they buy the cow when the milk is free". Personally I will not shack up with anyone. If we aren't married, there is no reason for us to live together. Besides I like my space
Honesty has a beautiful and refreshing simplicity about it. No ulterior motives. No hidden meanings. An absence of hypocrisy, duplicity, political games, and verbal superficiality. As honesty and real integrity characterize our lives, there will be no need to manipulate others.--Chuck Swindoll

THE BLUE SWEATER

• Sr. Citizen
  • Home of the Blue Sweater
    • AOL Instant Messenger - kingofzamundaa
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2005, 12:41:25 PM »
cosign
UVA Class of 2009

Find out just what people will submit to, and you have found out the exact amount of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them..  The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress.

-Fredrick Douglass

YoungIke

« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2005, 12:49:25 PM »
Sooo, Roxie ya’ll were shacking up over your crib!! That relationship was nothing but a means to an end for him. Just to get out of his mama house.

I do also agree with the milk and the cow thing. Plus when you get tired of milking that cow you'll regret you didn't just buy the milk. The when you get rid of the cow and go to the store and get you that good ole whole milk, the cow gets mad and want to slash your tires. Cows are worth the trouble, but the milk has been through all of the purifying needed to make it a great buy.

I tell you, the art of story telling is a gift  ;D