Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Anyone heard from UC Hastings lately?  (Read 1842 times)

cr008k

• View Profile
    • Email
Anyone heard from UC Hastings lately?
« on: July 19, 2005, 10:00:45 AM »
Has anyone heard anything else from UC Hastings lately.  In the begining of June, I got an email from them asking if I was still interested, because they might be taking people in the next few weeks.  I replied, and then nothing.  Then I called a few weeks later, and I was told by the guy in the admissions office that they were pretty much done.  Of course, that wasn't what I wanted to hear, so I wrote an email and finally got a reply that I had been informed incorrectly and that they would be taking people in Mid-July to Mid-August.  Its Mid-July and I've heard nothing!!! I'm getting so frustrated!!! Anyone heard anything lately?

Raffi34

• View Profile
Re: Anyone heard from UC Hastings lately?
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2005, 02:15:56 PM »
i have yet to hear back from them as well... still on the LEOP waiting list...cant really predict how much room they have left

Ambs

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2005, 02:29:03 PM »
I got in off their waitlist after that June e-mail. There was definitely a lot of waitlist action following that - but I wouldn't be suprised if there is more in the coming weeks as people get in to other schools and drop Hastings. Good luck!

Also, I don't know if this helps but I was pretty much on a first name basis with some of the admissions office, b/c I was persistent in calling for status updates, but of course also as polite as possible. So, I wouldn't hold back at this point if there's anything you want to tell them. There's bound to be a few spots open up and if you're the first name in their minds, it definitely helps!

cr008k

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2005, 03:15:50 PM »
I have been sending emails pretty much weekly... not calling, because the one time I called, the staff did not seem happy to hear from me... and at this point, I"m not even getting answers to emails where I ask direct questions.  I"m getting frustrated and I don't know why they haven't contacted me yet... I am in the range for numbers, and I got into some higher ranked schools... what were the numbers like of people who got in off wait lists? are you cali residents?  thanks!

Ambs

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2005, 05:00:40 PM »
I'm a CA resident and live in SF. No idea if that makes any difference. My numbers are 3.2/168.

cr008k

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2005, 06:08:13 PM »
i'm 3.4/168...

Ambs

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2005, 06:44:40 PM »
Well then, you probably have a good chance of getting off the waitlist :-)

But... its just not all numbers. I saw people get in with lower numbers than me (and you) and I was sort of dismayed... but that's just the nature of this process. I also have 4 years WE and went to Cal, but I have no idea if any of that was helpful either.

cr008k

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2005, 03:37:32 PM »
yea i'm not sure exactly what they are looking for... i had talked to an admin person from hastings before i applied and they told me if i did apply there was a good chance i could get some merit $... then they didn't even take me... don't know exactly what i didn't do...

Ambs

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2005, 05:08:05 PM »
You definitely are in their numbers range, and had a decent chance of getting in. I'd say you still do... but I just don't know why they didn't take you off the bat. Probably b/c they've been getting soooo many application the past few years and its getting more and more selective.

But have hope. Are you planning on going somewhere else if it doesn't happen with Hastings?

cr008k

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2005, 08:53:17 AM »
I'm not sure what I"m going to do if I don't get Hastings or USC... I"m in at Fordham with a bit of $ and am holding a seat there now, but I really want to work in CA, so I may defer a year and reapply to CA schools next year... not sure yet.