Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Cdn. schools = bull sh*t  (Read 2096 times)

DMG

• View Profile
Cdn. schools = bull sh*t
« on: July 18, 2005, 09:34:41 PM »
Why do the Canadian law schools give out so few scholarships based on MERIT? It seems like I am a lock for major money at mid-range American law schools. Yet the Canadian ones seem to have no time for a white, middle class, Christian male like myself. I am sad to say that I, along with my 99.58th percentile LSAT, will be heading south of the border next year. I always wondered what the cause of the "brain-drain" that Canada suffers from, and now I know.  :)
:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Cheeks

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Cdn. schools = bull sh*t
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2005, 09:39:05 AM »
"I am a lock for major money at mid-range American law schools". 

HAHAHA.  well congrats.

FYI: all of YHS don't give out merit money; and canadian schools will never know you are a white, middle-class, Christian male, because they'll never ask you. 

you won't be getting merit money because you aren't smart enough.  hth.

DMG

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2005, 03:10:45 PM »
bull. U of T ONLY gives out scholarships on the basis of need, as they consider all their applicants "very qualified". And trust me, Notre Dame, U of Texas, Columbia, Berkeley, etc are all what I am aiming at for scholarships, and there is not a single Canadian school that is even in their league.
:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

The Overman

• Sr. Citizen
  • I am the lightning, I am the frenzy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2005, 04:34:59 PM »
UofT may not be in the same league as Columbia, but it is definitely in the same league as Notre Dame and probably Texas.  Let's also remember that Canadian law schools are far cheaper than American schools.  Unless you're getting full scholarships to the schools you mentioned, you will probably end up paying the same amount or more than you would at a Canadian school.  The Canadian government is giving you a scholarship just for being a Canadian citizen, so either take it and stop bitching, or go to the states.

FYI: Nobody asked for, nor cares about your high LSAT score. 

Cheeks

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2005, 08:19:17 PM »
bull. U of T ONLY gives out scholarships on the basis of need, as they consider all their applicants "very qualified". And trust me, Notre Dame, U of Texas, Columbia, Berkeley, etc are all what I am aiming at for scholarships, and there is not a single Canadian school that is even in their league.

try re-reading my post and comprehending it this time.  your ramble provides further proof to my assertion that you aren't smart enough to receive merit money.  have fun at your t20.

TrojanChispas

• Sr. Citizen
  • , a worthy adversary
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2005, 08:33:17 PM »

try re-reading my post and comprehending it this time.  your ramble further proof for my assertion that you aren't smart enough to receive merit money.  have fun at your t20.
t20?  Ha!  This guy is a poser and desitined for a t.t.t.
Arab Majority May Not Stay Forever Silent
http://www.nysun.com/article/36110?page_no=1