Law School Discussion

how much to reveal?

funny1x2

Re: how much to reveal?
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2005, 07:13:34 PM »
Thanks, everyone, for all of your replies! I'm sorry that it has taken me so long to get back on and respond to my own post. I really do appreciate all of the responses, though, and if nothing else I definitely have a whole lot to think about.

I'm going to try to meet with all of the pre-law advisors that my undergrad institution has when school gets started in the fall, but until then I'm probably going to take K's advice and write a few different drafts to determine which one(s) I feel most comfortable with.

Thanks again for all of your replies  ;D

Pirate Pete

• member Em.eritus.
    • View Profile
Re: how much to reveal?
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2005, 09:40:43 PM »
I think that overall simply mentioning "health problems" is the appropriate and tactical choice.  Don't worry about the admissions officers assuming that your health problems were from some crack addiction problem or something negative - there is a tactical way to phrase anything.  I am assuming that you are female from the fact that you have struggled with an eating disorder (I apologize if you are male) and it seems reasonable that "health problems" could represent any number of "female" problems that someone wouldn't want to disclose in detail.  Of course, there is always the possibility of sending a statement with the whole story to one school and then another one that just mentions "health problems" to another school.