Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Games are freaking me out  (Read 229 times)

uwofresh

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Games are freaking me out
« on: July 18, 2005, 06:07:44 PM »
This is very very frustrating..
While I noticed a steady improvement in LR, I've noticed that my games haven't really improved that much.  It's very inconsistent, even though I've read the LGB.  Most of the times, I run out of time, only managing to finish 2 1/2 to 3games.  I've come to a point where i can do all the games using the LGB but I just don't have the sufficient time.

I've just started my second class of Testmasters, and I was wondering if it's still possible for me to improve drastically in LG before October.

Any suggestions?

Gators1979

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Games are freaking me out
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2005, 06:13:54 PM »
Yes. You will improve. Calm down. LGs is the most teachable section. You are still 2.5 months away. Relax. The more games you do the better and fasters you will get at them.

Relax!

supergirluw

Re: Games are freaking me out
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2005, 01:53:49 AM »
don't time yourself yet. get a solid grasp of HOW to set up the game - most games are very similar in terms of logic (you'll either have a list or a chart, for example.) Dedicate yourself to the types of logic presented, and work through past lsat's this way. don't even think about time - if you want, try and pace yourself (don't spend an hour on a question, obviously) but don't get caught up in finsihing a section in even 40 minutes yet. once you have an idea of the variance of the games, work on consistency FIRST, THEN time...this might not be until september.

just remember to diagram out the spaces for each variable in the game before looking at the rules for the game. visualize the situation before you approach how the variables work with each other. i've learned the best way to approach games is work from most general to specific. i did a diagnositc last night, doing this consciously (sp?) for the first time last night, and only got one wrong. (it was from the next 10, first one in the book)

good luck, pm me if you want help.