Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Why does this make me mad?  (Read 4017 times)

YoungIke

Re: Why does this make me mad?
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2005, 10:57:30 AM »
Ok, another "How does it feel to be Black?" thread. It feels quite nice. Why must we answer this question every time we come into a diverse environment of elite status? Yes, there are lacks of Black applicants to professional schools. This is because many don't get that far. A lot, of times it is not because they are not qualified but because it is not in our values and or economic vision to spend forever in school. We are trained to gain a well paying job and give back. We are trying to change these traditions and we on this board are the trail blazers. Thank you for your concern for our well being, but as your opinions are just those opinions, we thank you for them. Peace

ImVinny!

• Sr. Citizen
  • What am I?
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2005, 10:58:40 AM »
I am not reading any studies for that, I am merely suggesting that if people want to see whether minorities are underrepresented and discriminated in law school admissions, they should look at how many are applying and how many are getting in, across the board for whites too and then compare, wouldn't that give better results.?

Nemesis

• LSD Obsessed
  • The High Priestess
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2005, 11:02:00 AM »
I am not reading any studies for that, I am merely suggesting that if people want to see whether minorities are underrepresented and discriminated in law school admissions, they should look at how many are applying and how many are getting in, across the board for whites too and then compare, wouldn't that give better results.?

I don't feel like picking up your slack. You find the study and come back when you have an argument.
Who's your Daddy now?

ImVinny!

• Sr. Citizen
  • What am I?
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2005, 11:05:23 AM »
I don't KNOW if there is a study of that, I am suggesting that someone COULD do one like that. I am not telling someone to find it or do it or anything, I was talking about a response I had made. And NO one ever has to pick up my slack, when I am told to get something done at work I do it, and in a timely manner and efficient. In fact, they are having a hard time keeping uup with me.

YoungIke

« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2005, 11:06:48 AM »
Many studies only show you the what, not the why. If you really want to find the root you must find the why. When you find that you will understand a lot more. And I will give you a hint. The why has nothing to do with slavery. Blacks were the most prosperous in the period directly after slavery. Do a study of SNCC, the Panthers and other radical groups and you will see that their demise led to an exploitation and an influx of drugs and gang culture perpetuated by some government, mafia, and other factions. And that is just the tip of the iceberg of the systematic genocide on the black community commonly referred to as the M.A.A.F.A..

_BP_

• Sr. Citizen
  • Think. Wait. Fast.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2005, 11:09:09 AM »
Haven't you ever heard of tinting the results to be in your OWN favor, Most studies are doing that these days. When was it ever practice to be honest in results? Figures you would find a study on YOUR side of the topic.....

One was done by professors at MIT (edit: along with professors from the University of chicago Graduate School of Business), and the other one by a watch group.  It is interesting how you would find it easier to discount the studies on their face instead of even considering its merits.  Feel free to post a study on YOUR side of the topic.
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
1776 TO 2006

ImVinny!

• Sr. Citizen
  • What am I?
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2005, 11:25:49 AM »
Forget about the "studies." Just deal with the cards that you are dealt and don't look for any aces to come flying at you from under the table.

_BP_

• Sr. Citizen
  • Think. Wait. Fast.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2005, 11:29:10 AM »
Forget about the "studies." Just deal with the cards that you are dealt and don't look for any aces to come flying at you from under the table.

Okay, will do.  Let's forget about anything that discounts your initial assertion.
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
1776 TO 2006

Nemesis

• LSD Obsessed
  • The High Priestess
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2005, 11:30:10 AM »
...when I am told to get something done at work I do it, and in a timely manner and efficient. In fact, they are having a hard time keeping uup with me.

But do you always what until someone tells you??? Perhaps you should be proactive as opposed to reactive.

Oh, and usually, when people are having a hard time keeping up with you, you're doing a half-a$$ job. But I'm sure you're very unusual  ;)

Keep up the good work!
Who's your Daddy now?

ImVinny!

• Sr. Citizen
  • What am I?
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2005, 12:48:41 PM »
You don't even know WHAT my work is. And I don't think that you have room to criticize, just because you are the one that has a problem with what other people are saying. Don't worry, when you are slacking off, I'm SURE someone will get your back, but you willl be too busy being a jerk to notice.