Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Can someone confirm what the experimental logic games section was?  (Read 2029 times)

rcan

• View Profile
Hi there - I heard that the experimental section for everyone was section 3.  Any confirmation of that?  It will pretty much determine whether or not I drop the test. 

My section 3 started with a logic game about various medications and their side effects.  For those of you who only had one logic game, does that sound familiar?  Any help I could get would be much appreciated!

Thanks very much in advance,

Rcan

nathanielmark

Re: Can someone confirm what the experimental logic games section was?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2004, 12:24:23 AM »
it is indeed section 3.

melisssasue

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - alemanmelissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2004, 12:26:27 AM »
the real games section was the one involving the food vendors and the selling of art

$ones

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2004, 04:17:20 AM »
I know all the evidence points to the experimental being section #3 but does anyone have any real proof? Is it mandatory that the experimental section is the same for everybody?

Rachelb1

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2004, 09:21:19 AM »
Yes, Section Three is the experimental one.  Powerscore posts the info on its website within 24 hours of the test.  It identified Section three as the experimental.

Section 3 was the experimental for EVERYBODY, but the contents of section three was different for everyone.  Some had LR, some had AR, and some had RC.

The experimental is always one of the first three sections.  It is most often section 3 but it would be foolish to try to guess which one it is on the real test.

Rachel

I know all the evidence points to the experimental being section #3 but does anyone have any real proof? Is it mandatory that the experimental section is the same for everybody?
qccepted Rutgers-EWR, Touro ($$)
pending, SUNY Buffalo, Hamline, CUNY
W/l      nowhere
denied   Cardozo

grahamers

• Sr. Citizen
  • Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2004, 09:35:28 AM »
The experimental is always one of the first three sections.

Please insert the word "almost" in front of "always."  Thank you.
34 years old    170 LSAT 2.33 UGPA
Accepted: Wake, Mason, Catholic, Maryland, Baltimore, WVU, Widener
Waitlisted: American
Dinged: GW, Georgetown
Still haven't heard from: Villanova
Attending Mryland

nathanielmark

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2004, 10:13:54 AM »
how is this, the experimental section has yet to appear outside of the first 3 questions in the history of the modern LSAT.

The experimental is always one of the first three sections.

Please insert the word "almost" in front of "always."  Thank you.

Saoirse

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2004, 12:49:01 PM »
Although the LSAC could at any point start making section 4 or 5 experimental, I don't think they will. It makes sense for them to keep the experimental in the first three sections. It seems to me (from looking at personal experience and that of friends) that they typically only have two different forms of the scored portions of the test. Then the experimental is the same section # for everyone, with many different content portions. The two forms are 'flips' of each other... For instance with this test, since the experimental was 3, there is the:
A  B  Exp  C  D  version and
B  A  Exp  D  C  version

This allows them to ensure that no one will have a scored question before the break that someone else has after the break. They know that people will always talk at the break.
I also have a theory that they always put one of the Args in the first half (AB) and one in the second half (CD), but I have yet to fully support this. For this test it does look like the first two were Args and RC, and the last two were Args and Games.

Saoirse