Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: anyone else fed up wtih wl's?  (Read 1063 times)

biolawgirl

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
anyone else fed up wtih wl's?
« on: July 18, 2005, 11:10:39 AM »
hi. I am on eight waitlists and gave them all till aug 1st. At this point I figure i'm not getting off and i'm a little disappointed. I'll be fine going to where I'm set to go and I have an apt and everything set up there.. but geez out of the eight I thought I'd get off one! Anyone else sorta fed up or disappointed?  I just want to vent :)
I love my philly phanatic :)

Waitlisterson

• View Profile
Re: anyone else fed up wtih wl's?
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2005, 11:23:08 AM »
I feel your pain.  I am on 4 and would go to any of the 4 even after the school I have chosen has started.  I have made crazy arrangements to live with friends and what not until my waitlist schools have started (some start a week later) so I won't be tied into a lease.  I can't imagine what some people must be going through that didn't get in anywhere and are just waitlisted.  I myself am going crazy just thinking and waiting-and even more so over the lack of info and mixed stories I have been getting between LSD and adcomms.  AHHHHH!!! I am praying by the second week in August I will know either yes I got off the wait list somewhere, or there is no chance for me- though I doubt I will ever get that difinitive of an answer.  Good Luck to everyone else go through this craziness  ???

cam108

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2005, 01:43:49 PM »
I can relate! I understand we're on the waitlist but still you would think they would be able to get us a definitive decison sooner rather than later. This is ridiculous! The waiting is killing me. I was waitlisted at several schools, but I am only actively going after 3 at this point.  I dunno, I didnt like any of the schools i was accepted to. So its either I get off someone's waitlist, or I am reapplying next year. ???
HUSL 1L

HippieLawChick

• Sr. Citizen
  • Current 2L
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2005, 03:06:23 PM »
reapplying isn't the end of the world cam.  You now are so good at dealing with this process that your apps will be higher quality next cycle and you are sure to get into the school of your dreams.  Keep the faith!

monica1597

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2005, 07:14:51 PM »
I have pretty much given up any hope of getting in off of the waitlist at any school. I finally reached my breaking point last week after traveling 10 hours on a bus to visit a school to try and make a good impression (which I'm pretty sure did more damage than good). On my flight back (yes I couldn't handle the bus ride back), I realized that this whole waitlist nonsense is a joke and serves no benefit to the majority of applicants that are placed on these ridiculous waitlists/reserve lists/shortened summer waitlist/priority waitlist. It is merely a way for schools to cover their *%&*(!# when students withdraw at the last minute. Realistically, schools only admit about a dozen students out of the hundreds that are placed on the waitlist. With that said, don't allow your waitlist schools dictate your living situation for the upcoming year because the chances of gaining admission off of a waitlist are so small. I think we should just all get on with our lives and transfer after the first year if things are that bad...
Attending: American
Accepted: Wash U(5K/yr), American(14K/yr), Cardozo(22K/yr)
Rejected: Let's not go there!
Waitlisted: Duke, UVA, Northwestern, USC, UC Davis, Howard

brutal264

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2005, 08:56:33 PM »
I've been actively pursuing 3 WL this whole summer. I feel the pain, just wish I knew. It sucks bc I fell in LOVE with one of the schools upon my visit. I even toyed with the idea of taking a year off, retaking testmasters and reapplying...but my GPA is a bit lower now, and even the highest diags I took were borderline for my waitlisted schools. Sigh.

acl1013

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2005, 01:47:19 AM »
I'm on 3 WL too and just got a rejection from one and basically an email from another saying it was a very slim chance of them taking anyone else.  I've lost quite a bit of hope throughout this process and especially the last week, but reading everyone else's post helps sometimes.

I can't believe it cuz I never thought I'd have to again but I'm retaking testmasters...I agree with Monica, we just have to get on w/ our lives, but a little positive thinking never hurt anyone right?

cam108

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2005, 12:31:30 PM »
Yeah, I'm going ahead with plans to start the whole process over. I'm still on the same 3 waitlists and have yet to hear anything! I'm debating whether or not to email them yet again. :-\ I wish they would just tell us already.

anyone else hear anything this week yet?
HUSL 1L

HurryUpAndWait

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2005, 12:44:05 PM »
What bothers me is that I am on a couple of WL's and they have told me that they are no in the process of contacting students who were accepted but have not followed with their financial aid or have not submitted all the necessary paper work.

These admitted students are almost a month late in getting their info in!  Isn't it obvious that most of them aren't attending.  I wish they would just withdraw.  It really pisses me off because there are people on WL's that really want their spots.

Also, some schools give people a ridiculous amount of time after the deadline has past just to make sure the admitted student is not attending.

MSUDuster

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2005, 01:06:47 PM »
I was on 4, but I voluntarily withdrew from 2.

I'm not planning on getting off a WL, my odds of getting hit by a car are probably higher. Probably too high since I always forget to look both ways.