Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: How Much Can I Improve This?  (Read 2581 times)

cookie

• View Profile
How Much Can I Improve This?
« on: July 17, 2005, 09:45:55 PM »
So, today I scored a 147 on my first PS diagnostic. This is scaring me a little bit because I greatly need a 165. Do you think  I can make or even surpass this score by Oct?

A.J.

Re: How Much Can I Improve This?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2005, 09:47:20 PM »
they go all the way up to 180

bruin

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • lsn profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2005, 03:53:28 PM »
It's certainly possible. The first diagnostic, you really don't know anything about the LSAT; as you go through the course, you will pick up on things and your scores can improve greatly.
Attending UVa
Click below for more info
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=bruin04
Come on, I know you want to click me.

Nemesis

• LSD Obsessed
  • The High Priestess
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2005, 04:00:57 PM »
So, today I scored a 147 on my first PS diagnostic. This is scaring me a little bit because I greatly need a 165. Do you think  I can make or even surpass this score by Oct?

Have you ever been exposed to any LSAT material prior to your first diag?
Who's your Daddy now?

cookie

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2005, 07:44:43 PM »
Prior to the diagnostic, I had taken two at home from the 10 Actual LSAT's book and scored 141, and then 143. But that's about it.

_____

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2005, 09:00:51 PM »
Prior to the diagnostic, I had taken two at home from the 10 Actual LSAT's book and scored 141, and then 143. But that's about it.

I strongly suggest you study, study, study.

Do practice tests until questions come out your ears!

(This is because your initial improvement will be greater--ie a jump from 141 to 147--but you're going to need a lot more than than!)

STUDY STUDY STUDY

GOOD LUCK!

jjason

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2005, 11:39:44 PM »
I'm in the same boat. I wish those "170 first test" guys can tell us just how the hell they do it. I took a Kaplan diagnostic last week and scored 148!! Talk about freaking out.

Do I just keep taking test after test after test... or do I need to focus more on the methods?

Thomas 239

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2005, 01:20:17 AM »
I'm in the same boat. I wish those "170 first test" guys can tell us just how the hell they do it. I took a Kaplan diagnostic last week and scored 148!! Talk about freaking out.

Do I just keep taking test after test after test... or do I need to focus more on the methods?

Methods, methods, methods. If you just keep taking practice tests, you'll keep scoring in the 151 - 145 range (about 95% of the time.) You won't be able to figure out the methods yourself, so use a reputable test prep company like PowerScore or TM. Don't take any Kaplan courses- they use fake questions that are different from real LSAT questions. If you don't want to shell out the money for a course or some books- keep in mind that the test will literally determine which law schools you get into, and your scholarship opportunities as well.
GPA: :/
LSAT: 171 (Oct. 05)

SkullTatt

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2005, 08:56:27 PM »
Strongly agreed... taking practice tests will not help you unless you are figuring out what you are doing wrong and developing a method to succeed. And that is doubtful if you keep scoring in the 140's.

Common knowledge is that mastering all the tricks of the logic games is what helps most people. I did, and my practice scores jumped.

cookie

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2005, 09:48:00 PM »

I know, scoring in the 140's sucks. But hey, at least it's the HIGH 140's so we can definitely dramatically improve. You MUST get the bibles. Powerscore logic games and logic reasoning bibles. I was getting 14 out of 25 questions right, now I'm getting 20 out of 26. They REALLY help and are well worth the money.

Good luck!