Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: What would u do????  (Read 3756 times)

ImVinny!

• Sr. Citizen
  • What am I?
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: What would u do????
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2005, 09:36:10 AM »
First of all, who said that I am white? Stop acting like you know me. And WHY does the first thing you ALWAYS point to have to be race? Same difference.

injustice

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2005, 09:38:49 AM »
First of all, who said that I am white? Stop acting like you know me. And WHY does the first thing you ALWAYS point to have to be race? Same difference.

Why can't ANYTHING be attributed to racism? 

Edit: I don't know you (thank goodness), but based on some of your previous posts and the "interest" you seem to take in minority issues on this board I am going to assume that you are a white racist, or someone who doesn't realize they are racist.

HippieLawChick

• Sr. Citizen
  • Current 2L
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2005, 09:40:40 AM »
I hate to say it, but it sounds to me like this is what's going on:
1) These people live in the suburbs, but consider themselves liberals.
2) They haven't had much contact with people of color.
3) They are naturally paranoid.
4) They are trying "not" to be racist, which is why they are having you live there
5) However, they still seem to have some prejudice and it finally reared its ugly head.

If you feel up to it, you can help make some kind of change in the lives of these people (and their kid) by sitting down with them and talking to them about this incident truthfully.  I think that sometimes people don't understand how their actions can hurt another person.  Maybe you want to wait until it's closer to when you leave, but you should address it. 

Keep in mind that this reflects on their character, NOT yours!

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2005, 09:47:06 AM »
agreed... and I'm Vinny... since you keep saying all of this "who says i'm white".. what ethnicity are you ? why is it such a secret?

I hate to say it, but it sounds to me like this is what's going on:
1) These people live in the suburbs, but consider themselves liberals.
2) They haven't had much contact with people of color.
3) They are naturally paranoid.
4) They are trying "not" to be racist, which is why they are having you live there
5) However, they still seem to have some prejudice and it finally reared its ugly head.

If you feel up to it, you can help make some kind of change in the lives of these people (and their kid) by sitting down with them and talking to them about this incident truthfully.  I think that sometimes people don't understand how their actions can hurt another person.  Maybe you want to wait until it's closer to when you leave, but you should address it. 

Keep in mind that this reflects on their character, NOT yours!
We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...

injustice

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2005, 09:53:01 AM »
agreed... and I'm Vinny... since you keep saying all of this "who says i'm white".. what ethnicity are you ? why is it such a secret?

You already know...Vinny is a racist white person trying to prove a point.  He wants to pretend as if he's not white to make his racist argument appear to be more valid.  In other words, he's trying to come off as not being a racist white person, but he doesn't hide it very well.  I don't care what he says, I would bet $1,000,000. That he's white.

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2005, 09:54:51 AM »
u know i agree injustice,.. i just wanted to pull his card... welcome to the board btw :)
We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...

injustice

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2005, 09:56:29 AM »
u know i agree injustice,.. i just wanted to pull his card... welcome to the board btw :)

Thanks!

ImVinny!

• Sr. Citizen
  • What am I?
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: July 21, 2005, 01:22:57 PM »

You already know...Vinny is a racist white person trying to prove a point.  He wants to pretend as if he's not white to make his racist argument appear to be more valid.  In other words, he's trying to come off as not being a racist white person, but he doesn't hide it very well.  I don't care what he says, I would bet $1,000,000. That he's white.

Well, then you owe me that money. I am not white, and I am NOT racist. Why do you care anyways? It's the internet, the idea is not to care about what the other person looks like or anything, just an exchange of ideas.

One Step Ahead

• LSD Obsessed
  • you say you want a revolution
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 21, 2005, 01:26:03 PM »

Vinny isn't white.  he may be a racist but he isn't white.

ImVinny!

• Sr. Citizen
  • What am I?
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2005, 01:29:03 PM »
I'm not a racist. I have no problem with people of any race, it's just that I notice on here people are so quick to jump to the conclusion that something went wrong because of thier race. Whether it be someone who, like this person, was accused of stealing, or becaues someone didn't get into their top choice school saying that it's because of the URMs there whom he saw on LSN (which doesn't even show EVERYTHING anyways). Why must everyhting always be about race, really? I think that children wouldn't even care if their parents just ignored the fact that there was such a thing as "race"