Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: What would u do????  (Read 3759 times)

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: What would u do????
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2005, 04:15:45 PM »
 i do live in houston... however i'm hoping against the backlash of it (flooding etc).. wait a minute  :o whoa.. where did u come from lane? i haven't seen you in this thread :D

relaxing..praying the hurricane doesn't hit.. still waiting for word.. but i think there's a great possibility :)

I thought you live in Houston...? Rest assured, we aren't getting this hurricane.
We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...

LaneSwerver

« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2005, 04:17:23 PM »
i do live in houston... however i'm hoping against the backlash of it (flooding etc).. wait a minute  :o whoa.. where did u come from lane? i haven't seen you in this thread :D

Just peeking in. Don't worry...it floods here every time it rains, as I'm sure you've found already. Take it from someone who has been here through real ones...you have nothing to worry about from Emily.

ImVinny!

• Sr. Citizen
  • What am I?
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2005, 04:21:32 PM »
I said they probably would because they knew they didn't know where it was and that would leave the fourth person being the on;y one not accounted for. Probably does not mean ABSOLUTE.

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2005, 04:22:10 PM »
fortunately it hasn't flooded in my area at all.. i'm not even required to have a flood insurance over here :)
We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...

RockyMarciano

• Sr. Citizen
  • Invading Ithaca this Fall
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2005, 07:28:30 PM »
Man, that situation really sucks. If I were you, I would just pop an Alka-Seltzer in my mouth and start twitching as if i was going to have a seizure. But that is just me. Hope all turns out well.
www.cpixel.com is the ghetto myspace

Lawprofessor

• Sr. Citizen
  • Pony Up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2005, 11:59:11 PM »
you are waiting for word of what?

PM me and tell me whats going on.

relaxing..praying the hurricane doesn't hit.. still waiting for word.. but i think there's a great possibility :)

hey lp :)

Hey Blk, whats shaking?
Back in the saddle again.

Lawprofessor

• Sr. Citizen
  • Pony Up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2005, 12:07:12 AM »
I agree with the person who said that it was probably just because you were a "stranger" in thier home. Just because you ARE black, doesn't meant hat people are totally picking on your because YOU are black, get over it.
Maybe they thought you took it, but who cares, it's over with now. They probably would have suspected a white person too, or mex for that matter, someone else who might have taken it.

You said they PROBABLY would have suspected a white person too, or mex for that matter.  you know this is probably true based on what???

What up LP?  First off I've been meaning to say this for a while...That was my avatar, Redd Foxx and the same slogan underneath and  That sig of yours is what I always tell my boys, I don't know where I heard it from. But it is one of my favorite sayings...We got a lot in common.

Nothing much, just trying to get everything finished for the move to Orlando.  We pull out around Saturday.  Ahhh, the sig. is "If" by Rudyard Kipling (well at least part of it).  Yeah, we do.  You obviously have good taste.  So, whats going on with you??

Lawprofessor

• Sr. Citizen
  • Pony Up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2005, 12:10:07 AM »
I said they probably would because they knew they didn't know where it was and that would leave the fourth person being the on;y one not accounted for. Probably does not mean ABSOLUTE.

I didnt not say probably meant absolutely, but probably means more likely than not and I am just curious as to what information you have that leads you to believe that more likely than not they would have done the same thing to anyone else?

ImVinny!

• Sr. Citizen
  • What am I?
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2005, 09:10:08 AM »
I am just basing it on what it seems people would do in a situation like that. Just look at anyone, the first thing anyone does is be quick to point the finger at someone else. Sometimes that person DOES happen to be white, because they ended up being near whatever took place. Nobody cares what race the person is, just to have someone to blame it on, someone else to fault for whatever it is.

injustice

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2005, 09:23:42 AM »
I agree with the person who said that it was probably just because you were a "stranger" in thier home. Just because you ARE black, doesn't meant hat people are totally picking on your because YOU are black, get over it.
Maybe they thought you took it, but who cares, it's over with now. They probably would have suspected a white person too, or mex for that matter, someone else who might have taken it.

OMG!!  Who else on here gets tired of white people making excuses for racism?  Have you ever noticed that something can be obviously racist and a white person will try to convince you that it's all in your head, or that maybe the incident happened based on your age, sex, etc. (anything besides your race)?  Just to let you know, racism is alive and thriving in the United States.  Please quit pretending as if it isn't.