Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: What would u do????  (Read 3757 times)

1lwhit

Re: What would u do????
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2005, 07:32:03 PM »
prayers are with you... that really is trifling though... it's a shame that they'd make accusations and still...

wait did you just say you're paying $1100 to rent a room????  :o man.. i wish i would have known that you needed a spot in Chicago..that's why i asked you how far you were from the city...

how far are you from chicago?

It is $550 per month, so yes, $1100.  My internship came with a housing allowance so it wasn't my money per se.  No apartment out here in the burbs would rent to me for 10 weeks.  I work 35-40 miles from the city.  It takes about an hour and fifteen minutes to get from the city to my internship.  Where I am living now, it only takes me fifteen minutes to get to work.

ImVinny!

• Sr. Citizen
  • What am I?
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2005, 02:21:16 PM »
I agree with the person who said that it was probably just because you were a "stranger" in thier home. Just because you ARE black, doesn't meant hat people are totally picking on your because YOU are black, get over it.
Maybe they thought you took it, but who cares, it's over with now. They probably would have suspected a white person too, or mex for that matter, someone else who might have taken it.

Lawprofessor

• Sr. Citizen
  • Pony Up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2005, 02:49:53 PM »
I agree with the person who said that it was probably just because you were a "stranger" in thier home. Just because you ARE black, doesn't meant hat people are totally picking on your because YOU are black, get over it.
Maybe they thought you took it, but who cares, it's over with now. They probably would have suspected a white person too, or mex for that matter, someone else who might have taken it.

Based on what?
Back in the saddle again.

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2005, 02:59:27 PM »
hey lp :)
We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...

ImVinny!

• Sr. Citizen
  • What am I?
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2005, 03:20:12 PM »
cAn you please clarify what you aer asking  "based on what?" I don't understand your question.

Lawprofessor

• Sr. Citizen
  • Pony Up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2005, 03:47:40 PM »

Lawprofessor

• Sr. Citizen
  • Pony Up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2005, 03:48:46 PM »

You said they PROBABLY would have suspected a white person too, or mex for that matter.  you know this is probably true based on what???

Made4law

• Sr. Citizen
  • "to boldly go, where no man has gone before"
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2005, 03:58:14 PM »

You said they PROBABLY would have suspected a white person too, or mex for that matter.  you know this is probably true based on what???

What up LP?  First off I've been meaning to say this for a while...That was my avatar, Redd Foxx and the same slogan underneath and  That sig of yours is what I always tell my boys, I don't know where I heard it from. But it is one of my favorite sayings...We got a lot in common.
"Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy."

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2005, 04:03:30 PM »
relaxing..praying the hurricane doesn't hit.. still waiting for word.. but i think there's a great possibility :)

hey lp :)

Hey Blk, whats shaking?
We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...

LaneSwerver

« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2005, 04:09:56 PM »
relaxing..praying the hurricane doesn't hit.. still waiting for word.. but i think there's a great possibility :)

I thought you live in Houston...? Rest assured, we aren't getting this hurricane.