Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: CLEO  (Read 3287 times)

faith2005

Re: CLEO
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2005, 10:50:53 AM »
I was at the one in ATL a couple of weeks ago as well. It was interesting and I recommend to those who are interested. The 6 week program costs money, and it also causes you to lose out on salary, which for me meant that I wasn't open to that option at all. even with the scholarship offers coming at the end. but, I have heard good things about it from a number of people.

One Step Ahead

• LSD Obsessed
  • you say you want a revolution
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2005, 12:48:22 PM »
I didn't take part in the CLEO 6 week summer institute but I did attend their Attitude Is Essential Program in ATL a few weeks ago. It was pretty intensive with workshops the entire weekend, but I thought it was, for the most part, very beneficial. The had a couple of mock classes hosted by law professors and some workshops on financial aid, study abroad, legal reasoning and writing. I don't think that there was any negative about going. They pay for everything (hotel and food) and then gave us a $350 stipend to pay for travel and any other expenses.

where are you headed to law school?

Bluenine

• Sr. Citizen
  • Shut up
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2005, 02:13:53 PM »
I was at the one in ATL a couple of weeks ago as well. It was interesting and I recommend to those who are interested. The 6 week program costs money, and it also causes you to lose out on salary, which for me meant that I wasn't open to that option at all. even with the scholarship offers coming at the end. but, I have heard good things about it from a number of people.

Hey Faith-

Did they mention anything about scholarship opportunities at the weekend program?
The George Washington University Law School c/o 2008

faith2005

« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2005, 02:29:32 PM »
they did, but only briefly. i think that participants in attitude is essential are eligible to apply for a business and law scholarship, but thats the only one that is mentioned in the handbook. no one talked about scholarships at all, besides the stipend for the weekend.

ckendall8kp

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2005, 02:37:37 PM »
I didn't take part in the CLEO 6 week summer institute but I did attend their Attitude Is Essential Program in ATL a few weeks ago. It was pretty intensive with workshops the entire weekend, but I thought it was, for the most part, very beneficial. The had a couple of mock classes hosted by law professors and some workshops on financial aid, study abroad, legal reasoning and writing. I don't think that there was any negative about going. They pay for everything (hotel and food) and then gave us a $350 stipend to pay for travel and any other expenses.

where are you headed to law school?

I'm going to Georgetown.

ckendall8kp

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2005, 02:39:11 PM »
they did, but only briefly. i think that participants in attitude is essential are eligible to apply for a business and law scholarship, but thats the only one that is mentioned in the handbook. no one talked about scholarships at all, besides the stipend for the weekend.

Funny thing is, the scholarship money I heard that they give was my main reason for applying and attending. After I read the handbook as was highly dissappointed. But oh well. It was still a good experience.

Lexington

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2005, 09:50:18 PM »
Late to the bandwagon here... I just finished the CLEO 6 week summer institute.  I'd highly recommend it for anyone who can go.  Feel free to PM if you have specific questions  :)
"I take summers off cuz I love winter beef..." NAS

inthesun

« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2005, 12:42:40 AM »
Late to the bandwagon here... I just finished the CLEO 6 week summer institute.  I'd highly recommend it for anyone who can go.  Feel free to PM if you have specific questions  :)

How was UMKC?  U Pitt was in a pretty bad area, but there were some fun areas in Pittsburgh.  We were debating over whether it would be better to be in Kansas City or Pittsburgh. 

risingMC

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2005, 12:39:59 PM »
I'm headed to the one in LA this weekend! Anyone else ...?

Bluenine

• Sr. Citizen
  • Shut up
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2005, 02:14:50 PM »
I'm headed to the one in LA this weekend! Anyone else ...?

Me!
The George Washington University Law School c/o 2008