Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: CLEO  (Read 3364 times)

risingMC

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: CLEO
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2005, 02:33:22 PM »
I'm headed to the one in LA this weekend! Anyone else ...?

Me!

Yay! You excited?

Bluenine

• Sr. Citizen
  • Shut up
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2005, 02:52:27 PM »

Me!

Yay! You excited?

Yep! But mostly because this will be my first time to Cali  ;D
The George Washington University Law School c/o 2008

ImVinny!

• Sr. Citizen
  • What am I?
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2005, 09:27:52 AM »
IS anyone else on here participating in that? I am going to apply and see what happens. How do they help you with getting into certain law schools. I say on the deloggio(sp?) site a list ofschools that participate and what they do. Is that true?
Do you think they can hepl me get into Notre Dame?>

:)

j.rosh

« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2005, 09:35:45 AM »
I will; did you check the website?

inthesun

« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2005, 12:59:19 PM »
IS anyone else on here participating in that? I am going to apply and see what happens. How do they help you with getting into certain law schools. I say on the deloggio(sp?) site a list ofschools that participate and what they do. Is that true?
Do you think they can hepl me get into Notre Dame?>

:)

Someone in my CLEO program got into Notre Dame after being in CLEO.  I am not sure if it had anything to do with the program, though.

Bluenine

• Sr. Citizen
  • Shut up
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2005, 01:03:57 PM »

Me!

Yay! You excited?

Did you find the weekend helpful?

risingMC

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2005, 01:29:41 PM »

Me!

Yay! You excited?

Hey, bluenine!

Overall, I'm glad I did the program. I don't think I would have done it again, though, if I had to pay for it. What bothered me was that most of the sessions went over information that I already knew, thanks to LSD and LSC. The sessions I liked were the mock law school classes, because I'd never really had the "true" socratic method experience (well, at least not like that), and the mock law school exam. Too much IRAC is never a bad thing in my book.

But everything else was either redundant, inapplicable, too general or too school-specific. Redundant because I already knew this stuff. Inapplicable because some of the advice is going to depend on the school you go to --- for example, at the risk of sounding like a snob, I don't think I'm going to have to worry about getting used to "C"s. Not because I'm especially smart, but rather because of the generous curve. Those going to Hastings, though, might be another story. It was too general because people wouldbe asking things like "What's Law Review and why is it important?" Too school-specific because people kept asking questions that depended on your school -- like what time classes started.

Overall, I think it would be helpful for those people who had (1) a free weekend and time to spare, and (2) who wasn't a fellow LSD-type nerd.

EDIT: Oh, and the way they kept coralling us from one session to the other was kind of annoying. I had to run to the restroom between sessions to avoid being locked-out.  >:(

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2005, 01:36:59 PM »
perhaps next yr you can lead one of the sections MC... :)
We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...

Bluenine

• Sr. Citizen
  • Shut up
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2005, 01:50:10 PM »

Me!

Yay! You excited?

Hey, bluenine!

Overall, I'm glad I did the program. I don't think I would have done it again, though, if I had to pay for it. What bothered me was that most of the sessions went over information that I already knew, thanks to LSD and LSC. The sessions I liked were the mock law school classes, because I'd never really had the "true" socratic method experience (well, at least not like that), and the mock law school exam. Too much IRAC is never a bad thing in my book.

But everything else was either redundant, inapplicable, too general or too school-specific. Redundant because I already knew this stuff. Inapplicable because some of the advice is going to depend on the school you go to --- for example, at the risk of sounding like a snob, I don't think I'm going to have to worry about getting used to "C"s. Not because I'm especially smart, but rather because of the generous curve. Those going to Hastings, though, might be another story. It was too general because people wouldbe asking things like "What's Law Review and why is it important?" Too school-specific because people kept asking questions that depended on your school -- like what time classes started.

Overall, I think it would be helpful for those people who had (1) a free weekend and time to spare, and (2) who wasn't a fellow LSD-type nerd.

EDIT: Oh, and the way they kept coralling us from one session to the other was kind of annoying. I had to run to the restroom between sessions to avoid being locked-out.  >:(

I agree totally.  The information was definitely the same info that could have been obtained from the internet with a little research.  Also, a few of the other attendants and I were discussing how the program crammed so much into one tiny weekend.  It would have been nice to explore LA more since I had never been there, but after being crammed in the hotel all day, I was way too tired.

I definitely believe there should be some sort of modification to the weekend and my evaluations reflected that.  I definitely think the weekend can be a useful tool though for those of us who aren't LSD NERDS!  ;D

By the way, Cornell Steiphens was harsh.  If my next three years are going to be like that, then I have a lot of adjusting to do.  :o

P.S. Anybody who reads this, if your senator is on the Senate Appropriations Committee, write them and tell them about the value of CLEO.  No funds were appropriated for the program for 2006, NONE!

ImVinny!

• Sr. Citizen
  • What am I?
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2005, 01:54:35 PM »
WHAT?! Does this mean the program is over? Of course, when I finally find out about something like this it gets cancelled >:(