Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: CLEO  (Read 3392 times)

j.rosh

CLEO
« on: July 17, 2005, 12:06:54 PM »
I know there was a topic about CLEO somewhere, but I can't find it.  Can anyone tell me what CLEO is and its benefits.  Thanks

HBCU.EDU

Re: CLEO
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2005, 12:26:47 PM »
I know there was a topic about CLEO somewhere, but I can't find it.  Can anyone tell me what CLEO is and its benefits.  Thanks

I'm sure they have a website. ;D

One Step Ahead

• LSD Obsessed
  • you say you want a revolution
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2005, 12:29:04 PM »

welcome to the board.  tell us a bit about yourself. 

HBCU.EDU

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2005, 12:30:53 PM »
http://www.cleoscholars.com/ let me help you here a little. you can get all the info you need by going to this site. welcome to BLSD. so, tell us something about you. are you in undergrad? where do you want to go to law school? have you taken the lsat? 

j.rosh

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2005, 12:37:39 PM »
Thanks for the site.
Well, I'm from the South (Mississippi), looking to attend a law school somewhere in the south next fall, currently attending undergrad PWI in my state, and I was recommended to this site from a friend.  I usually lurk these boards way more than I post.  I'm taking the LSATs in October.

I heard about CLEO before, but people in the program never went into details about what it is or what it does.

HBCU.EDU

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2005, 12:40:34 PM »
Thanks for the site.
Well, I'm from the South (Mississippi), looking to attend a law school somewhere in the south next fall, currently attending undergrad PWI in my state, and I was recommended to this site from a friend.  I usually lurk these boards way more than I post.  I'm taking the LSATs in October.

I heard about CLEO before, but people in the program never went into details about what it is or what it does.

Cool...what LS are you looking to attend? We have a lot of southern folk on the board. I'm from alabama myself.

j.rosh

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2005, 12:43:10 PM »
I was thinking somewhere in Georgia like Emory, or Florida.  Howard is on my mind too.  And of course, I was thinking about Ole Miss since I'm in state.

inthesun

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2005, 01:01:18 PM »
I went to CLEO and talk about it in this thread:

http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/prelaw/index.php/topic,37965.msg642817.html#msg642817

If you have any questions, PM me.

inthesun

Bluenine

• Sr. Citizen
  • Shut up
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2005, 09:03:59 AM »
I'll be attending the CLEO weekend program in LA this coming weekend.  I'll post how it goes when I get back.
The George Washington University Law School c/o 2008

ckendall8kp

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2005, 10:26:22 AM »
I didn't take part in the CLEO 6 week summer institute but I did attend their Attitude Is Essential Program in ATL a few weeks ago. It was pretty intensive with workshops the entire weekend, but I thought it was, for the most part, very beneficial. The had a couple of mock classes hosted by law professors and some workshops on financial aid, study abroad, legal reasoning and writing. I don't think that there was any negative about going. They pay for everything (hotel and food) and then gave us a $350 stipend to pay for travel and any other expenses.