Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Todays exam hard?  (Read 2669 times)

idiotsavant

• View Profile
Re: Todays exam hard?
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2004, 11:40:47 AM »
i think the problem i had was that i saw how many questions there were and in the back of my mind, i kept thinking that this had to be the experimental section. 

of course and as always, i was sadly mistaken... :'(

boy.  i sure could have used an extra 10 minutes on that RC section. 

nathanielmark

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2004, 12:14:35 PM »
i think its going to be a pretty tough scale.  i would expect 90 = 170, 83 = 165

runnin_skeerd

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2004, 01:01:02 PM »

You said it.  I could have used another 20 minutes.  This RC was more difficult than any RC in either of the "10 Real LSAT" books.  If it weren't for my trusty stopwatch, I would have ran out of time and not been able to give blind answers to several that I hadn't gotten to at the 34 min. mark.  :-[

PennQuaker

• Sr. Citizen
  • LSN:pennquaker
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Lubester
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2004, 01:04:40 PM »
Green, why would you expect a rough scale if a majority of us think that section 1 RC was difficult?
Depositing: Stanford
Waitlisting: Yale, Harvard

nathanielmark

« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2004, 01:09:12 PM »

i think LRs were average to slightly easier then agverage and LGs much easier then the norm.  i think it may have been the easiest games section for the past 5 years.  so that would offset the difficult RC.  I know i missed 3 in the RC so i will probably wind up missing 5 or 6.  it was def a tough section... who knows, maybe it is so hard it will make for a favorable scale. 

i honestly hope im wrong.  but this is what i am expecting.

Green, why would you expect a rough scale if a majority of us think that section 1 RC was difficult?

TimZ

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2004, 01:12:32 PM »
Stupid me. Left a few untouched at the end. However I feel good with the ones I finished. When I started preptesting I had difficulty to finish the RC section on time. I practised and tweaked my pace and was able to manage finish all the questions later on. Couldn't do it with this real one.

The good part was that I felt very confident with all first 3 passages. Didn't feel I was guessing at all.

You said it.  I could have used another 20 minutes.  This RC was more difficult than any RC in either of the "10 Real LSAT" books.  If it weren't for my trusty stopwatch, I would have ran out of time and not been able to give blind answers to several that I hadn't gotten to at the 34 min. mark.  :-[

othius

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2004, 01:30:56 PM »
The RC section with 28 q's was really tough. I guessed on the last few. My test went as follows RC-LR-RC-LR-LG. I think the games were pretty easy compared to those I've been practicing. However on the second game the one about ordering people in line or whatever. I was cruising through when I noticed on the last question that I had screwed up one my of rules. I but M B4 Z instead of M B4 S. I freaked out.... I quickly went back through and it only changed one of my answers.... or so I think. That threw me off, thankfully it was the last section so it didn't affect the rest of my test. I feel like I'm ok but it's going to make these next 3 weeks longer than they would be if I'd had the rule right the first time! So.. yeah. I'm trying not to think about it. And for those of you who would say "cancel and take it again." Not a chance unless I completely bomb the test. I feel I did pretty well overall. I have no desire to retake this mother.

cheers!

nathanielmark

« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2004, 01:33:51 PM »

yeah i am hoping to god i did not misdiagram a rule or something like that.  i was SOO extremely focused that i dont think it was even a possiblity, but its hard to say.. usually if i have missed a rule also, it will come out in one of the questions somehow.  i wound up with over 2 minutes to spare and looked back seeing only 22 answers filled in and thought i had missed one. paniced, then realized there were only 22 games questions.

The RC section with 28 q's was really tough. I guessed on the last few. My test went as follows RC-LR-RC-LR-LG. I think the games were pretty easy compared to those I've been practicing. However on the second game the one about ordering people in line or whatever. I was cruising through when I noticed on the last question that I had screwed up one my of rules. I but M B4 Z instead of M B4 S. I freaked out.... I quickly went back through and it only changed one of my answers.... or so I think. That threw me off, thankfully it was the last section so it didn't affect the rest of my test. I feel like I'm ok but it's going to make these next 3 weeks longer than they would be if I'd had the rule right the first time! So.. yeah. I'm trying not to think about it. And for those of you who would say "cancel and take it again." Not a chance unless I completely bomb the test. I feel I did pretty well overall. I have no desire to retake this mother.

cheers!

timnjess

• Only 4 More Days Until LSAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2004, 01:40:48 PM »
I'll be cancelling my score today.  :'(

I called the people at Powerscore and they confirmed that I should. I just totally screwed up. Congrats on those that felt it was easy, etc. It tore me up.

Here I come, October!
Jessica in TX

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2004, 01:42:09 PM »
What did you tell them that they confirmed you should cancel?