Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Todays exam hard?  (Read 2640 times)

Barry

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Todays exam hard?
« on: June 14, 2004, 11:24:24 PM »
DO you feel that overall todays LSAT was harder than others, or it was typical? In other words, did the people who took other LSATS feel the way we do? thanx!

Butch

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Todays exam hard?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2004, 11:27:59 PM »
Yes, I felt it was hard. Usually I don't have much problems with reading comp, but today I had like 10 questions that I hadn't gotten to!

I had 3 Analytical readings, and I"m not sure ewhich was the experimental...but one was tough but the others were easy.

The games weren't too terribly bad...but didn't have time to get to one of them really.

melisssasue

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - alemanmelissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2004, 11:31:34 PM »
the one with the fishing and weighing the trout was experimental (section 3)

Butch

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2004, 11:35:52 PM »
I dont even remember fishing and weighing the trout!
any other questions you can remember from it??

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2004, 09:01:06 AM »
Definitely felt that this exam was overall on the harder end.  LR wasn't particularly hard, though I did feel that the last LR section, Section 5, was fairly easy.  Games were half and half.  I feel like I aced the section, but if I missed any, I'm pretty sure I missed them in the last game, with the food trucks.  And RC was a killer!  Ugh!

Victor

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2004, 09:04:54 AM »
Wow . . . everyone is saying the RC was extremely hard. Usually, everyone feels the RC is a piece of cake. I guess the June RC caught you folks off guard.

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2004, 09:08:15 AM »
I don't know that it caught me off guard.  I knew it *could* be hard.  But usually, having done like 30 prep tests, there will be one really difficult passage and three average ones (not easy, just not impossible).  But this section...not only did it have 28 questions (99% of RC sections I've done have had 26...those two extra questions make a big difference), but I'd say that 3 of the 4 passages were very difficult.  Details were all very convoluted, many of the questions were very difficult, so that, in combo with the extra 2 questions added up to a difficult section.

I'd be willing to put money on it that this was perhaps one of if not the most difficult RC section LSAC has ever concocted.  Any one feel the same?

pross1492

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2004, 10:17:46 AM »
it was the hardest one i can remember.  and just to twist the knife, it was the first section for me.  i think i really most alot of points on that section.  also, during the next two sections, i could get it out of my mind.  i was trying to just regain focus and move on, but my mind kept wandering back to how poorly i did on the first section.  i'm trying to decide if i should cancel my score.

idiotsavant

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2004, 11:25:41 AM »
hello all!  newbie here.  i read a lot but never posted, and i'd like to share my experience.

i took my test at New York Law School in tribeca.  very easy for me to get to since i live in exchange place in good ole joisey).  the test didnt get started until 1:05 or so because there were so many people lined up to sign in for the test and there were only 2 people working to sign people in. 

my proctors were idiots.  they didnt have a timer with them so they went by the clock on the wall.  i offered them mine, but they said they were okay with the clock. 

my sections were as follows:  RC, LR, RC, LR, LG

the first RC had 28 questions, so i thought that this would be the experiemental.  and i thought that this was the harder of the two RC sections.  i bombed the section completely.  i was guessing on the last two passages.

noise factor:  there was one girl who was wearing a jacket with a button on her sleeve.  she kept swooping back and forth on the desk and made these loud swooping, screeching sounds every time she went back and forth from the answer sheet to the test.  and to top it all off, she was wearing ear plugs (which are NOT allowed) in the room and didnt hear herself making any noise at all.  after about 20 minutes into the test, the proctor finally went over and told her that she was distracting the class, but she just yelled out 'what?' because she couldnt hear him talking to her.  i can understand why the earplugs are not allowed in the test rooms now. 

one other thing:  the proctor gave us 45 minutes for the first section instead of giving us 35.  but this was actually a downfall for me because as i was checking my time, i kept thinking that the proctor would call out '5 minutes' every second.  and with that kind of pressure and anxiety, i couldn't focus on the passages.  the proctor was an idiot and couldnt calculate the correct time (he thought starting at 1:43 and ending at 2:28 was 35 minutes.)

i've been reading a lot about what people on this board have been saying about the test and i agree that it was one of the hardest RC sections i've ever encountered.  personally, i thought the games were easier (except for the confusing one about the art work being sold to the museum or a personal collector). 

i will most likely be canceling my score as i am aiming to break 170 and i KNOW i didn't do that in this test.   anyone want to get a study group started for the oct lsat? :)

nathanielmark

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2004, 11:38:46 AM »
boy.  i sure could have used an extra 10 minutes on that RC section.