Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Stetson  (Read 3898 times)

ACore

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - atomcore
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Stetson
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2005, 08:43:56 PM »
Yea I'm not too concerned about it...I think someone graduating from either school will do fine. I had a pretty big split on my LSAT numbers: a 148 and a 159...that was probably what did it for me.
Attending: FSU
In: FIU, FSU, Syracuse 
Waitlisted: UM, Penn State
Rejected: Pitt, Stetson

leoladybug

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2005, 11:19:35 AM »
I got my rejection from the WL also.  I had already decided to remain up North so it wasn't too painful for me at this point. At least we have closure!

IvanTrbl

• Sr. Citizen
  • ouch?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2006, 05:53:04 PM »
Yea I'm not too concerned about it...I think someone graduating from either school will do fine. I had a pretty big split on my LSAT numbers: a 148 and a 159...that was probably what did it for me.

Wow... congrats man, nice turnaround!  I know Villanova and San Diego (if 4 points +) also take the higher LSAT score - in my opinion, all schools should - the exam is way to nerve-wracking to properly assess one's ability the first time around.  I'm bringing this issue up on Studying for LSAT.
"I spent lots of money on birds, booze, and fast cars.  The rest I squandered." - George Best!

Happy_Weasel

• LSD Obsessed
  • Me and Gir, the happy weasel.
    • MSN Messenger - ominusdemon2@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2006, 04:35:19 PM »
What ARE you numbers, Acore? Should I be worried about Penn St?

queencruella

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2006, 04:52:58 PM »
Well if Stetson is trying to get a higher quality person at the school, it didn't do a very good job of it. I applied to it as my safety and haven't gotten any info about scholarships.  On the other hand, I was immediately asked to apply for an FSU scholarship and was offered one, so how on earth can they think I'd choose a $27,000/year school over a $9000 school that offers a scholarship? I guess it has to be yield protection that they are rejecting people who got into FSU/UF. 

That said, most people who go to Stetson have a great experience there, but I think that there's still no comparison between Stetson and FSU/UF.

Happy_Weasel

• LSD Obsessed
  • Me and Gir, the happy weasel.
    • MSN Messenger - ominusdemon2@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2006, 04:55:12 PM »
I guess you got a school that will get you a job in Tampa and Orlando compared to a school that will get you any job between Macon, Jacksonville, Key West and Birmingham.