Law School Discussion

Stetson

ACore

• AOL Instant Messenger - atomcore
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Stetson
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2005, 06:43:56 PM »
Yea I'm not too concerned about it...I think someone graduating from either school will do fine. I had a pretty big split on my LSAT numbers: a 148 and a 159...that was probably what did it for me.

leoladybug

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2005, 09:19:35 AM »
I got my rejection from the WL also.  I had already decided to remain up North so it wasn't too painful for me at this point. At least we have closure!

IvanTrbl

• ouch?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2006, 03:53:04 PM »
Yea I'm not too concerned about it...I think someone graduating from either school will do fine. I had a pretty big split on my LSAT numbers: a 148 and a 159...that was probably what did it for me.

Wow... congrats man, nice turnaround!  I know Villanova and San Diego (if 4 points +) also take the higher LSAT score - in my opinion, all schools should - the exam is way to nerve-wracking to properly assess one's ability the first time around.  I'm bringing this issue up on Studying for LSAT.

Happy_Weasel

• Me and Gir, the happy weasel.
    • MSN Messenger - ominusdemon2@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2006, 02:35:19 PM »
What ARE you numbers, Acore? Should I be worried about Penn St?

« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2006, 02:52:58 PM »
Well if Stetson is trying to get a higher quality person at the school, it didn't do a very good job of it. I applied to it as my safety and haven't gotten any info about scholarships.  On the other hand, I was immediately asked to apply for an FSU scholarship and was offered one, so how on earth can they think I'd choose a $27,000/year school over a $9000 school that offers a scholarship? I guess it has to be yield protection that they are rejecting people who got into FSU/UF. 

That said, most people who go to Stetson have a great experience there, but I think that there's still no comparison between Stetson and FSU/UF.

Happy_Weasel

• Me and Gir, the happy weasel.
    • MSN Messenger - ominusdemon2@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2006, 02:55:12 PM »
I guess you got a school that will get you a job in Tampa and Orlando compared to a school that will get you any job between Macon, Jacksonville, Key West and Birmingham.