Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Running to the bathroom, people hitting on each other, farting, etc  (Read 5366 times)

utaustin

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.36/164
    • View Profile
 :-X

No LSAT administration is perfect, but I think I sat through one of the better ones. The proctors were great, but the people in the room were just way too nervous and didn't do a good enough job hiding it.

1) Bathroom runs - people enter the testing room at 12:15 (reporting time 12:30). They realize around 1pm that the test won't start until 1:45, and they had too much water to drink while they were waiting outside the testing room (since 11am). So every 4th person in the room gets up to use the bathroom every 2 minutes. A lot of people moving and running around. There goes the calmness.

2) Someone forgets something - a girl forgets her test ticket, so the proctors wait 15 minutes while she runs to her car to get it and run back. In the meantime, another girl realizes that her timer hasn't been debeeped. Luckily someone is there with a mini screwdriver to help her out.

3) People hitting on each other - so the problem with sitting next to a pretty girl during the test is that not only are you distracted, they guys next and in front of you are as well. So instead of spending the 30 minutes before the test starts in meditation or review, they get their mac on.

4) Farting - disgusting.

nathanielmark

Re: Running to the bathroom, people hitting on each other, farting, etc
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2004, 09:35:16 PM »
mine was ok.  proctors were very nice.  there was a mammoth fat guy in a hawaaiin shirt trying to be funny.  1 other guy who was kind of a clown.  that was pretty much it.  people were very serious and quiet, couldnt have hoped for better.

:-X

No LSAT administration is perfect, but I think I sat through one of the better ones. The proctors were great, but the people in the room were just way too nervous and didn't do a good enough job hiding it.

1) Bathroom runs - people enter the testing room at 12:15 (reporting time 12:30). They realize around 1pm that the test won't start until 1:45, and they had too much water to drink while they were waiting outside the testing room (since 11am). So every 4th person in the room gets up to use the bathroom every 2 minutes. A lot of people moving and running around. There goes the calmness.

2) Someone forgets something - a girl forgets her test ticket, so the proctors wait 15 minutes while she runs to her car to get it and run back. In the meantime, another girl realizes that her timer hasn't been debeeped. Luckily someone is there with a mini screwdriver to help her out.

3) People hitting on each other - so the problem with sitting next to a pretty girl during the test is that not only are you distracted, they guys next and in front of you are as well. So instead of spending the 30 minutes before the test starts in meditation or review, they get their mac on.

4) Farting - disgusting.

HpnotiQ

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2004, 09:40:24 PM »
What is worse than a protor whose perfume scent is the one that is so strong and nasty that it gives your headaches everytime she walks by.
Can you handle a double shot Incredible Hulk?

Rachelb1

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2004, 09:50:13 PM »
I played by the rules and didn't bring my water bottle to the test center, figuring I'd get a nice cold soda from the vending machine at break time.  The proctor read the rule about no drinks and no food, but then said, Oh but you can keep your water bottles.  I WAS PISSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

qccepted Rutgers-EWR, Touro ($$)
pending, SUNY Buffalo, Hamline, CUNY
W/l      nowhere
denied   Cardozo

utaustin

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.36/164
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2004, 09:57:18 PM »
They didn't let us keep the water bottles and the room was really dry, something about the building i guess, but luckily i had some gum and that prevented my from getting dry mouth.

Butch

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2004, 11:22:26 PM »
I sat next to a girl who kept asking in the 40 mins before it started if I'd play tic tac toe w/ her.

And, a guy who I guess figured out what his experimental section was b/c about 10 mins in he put his pencil down and lounged back and then proceeded to sniffle and cough a lot.

And the room was FRRREEEEEEEEEEZING.

Butch

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2004, 11:22:33 PM »
I sat next to a girl who kept asking in the 40 mins before it started if I'd play tic tac toe w/ her.

And, a guy who I guess figured out what his experimental section was b/c about 10 mins in he put his pencil down and lounged back and then proceeded to sniffle and cough a lot.

And the room was FRRREEEEEEEEEEZING.

melisssasue

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - alemanmelissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2004, 11:27:45 PM »
I guy in my room, after the first section, raised his hand and asked if the proctor could do something about the person behind him because he coughed twice during the first section.  The proctor moved the moron 5 rows back, but I doubt it helped.  What an ass!

nathanielmark

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2004, 12:26:22 AM »
I guy in my room, after the first section, raised his hand and asked if the proctor could do something about the person behind him because he coughed twice during the first section.  The proctor moved the moron 5 rows back, but I doubt it helped.  What an ass!

they all come out of the woodwork dont they?  remember for every 100 test takers you need those that will score in the 120s and 130s as well as the upper end...

M2

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2004, 02:10:31 AM »
I played by the rules and didn't bring my water bottle to the test center, figuring I'd get a nice cold soda from the vending machine at break time.  The proctor read the rule about no drinks and no food, but then said, Oh but you can keep your water bottles.  I WAS PISSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Proctor let us keep our bottles too!!

I was like "sweeett!"