Law School Discussion

Question reguarding applying

Question reguarding applying
« on: July 16, 2005, 12:46:47 PM »
I just have a quick question reguarding applying for school. Can you submit your Grades to LSAC before you have finished your last semester in order to get the process started. Or do you have to wait until the end when you have all of your grades?

Thanks,

Alibaster

supergirluw

Re: Question reguarding applying
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2005, 01:22:59 PM »
I just have a quick question reguarding applying for school. Can you submit your Grades to LSAC before you have finished your last semester in order to get the process started. Or do you have to wait until the end when you have all of your grades?

Thanks,

Alibaster

submit them whenever you want; you'll want to update your transcripts as you finish each quarter or semester, but when you apply to law schools they will request your LSDAS, which will send your most recent transcript. if you're a quarter behind, the schools will definitely notice this, but if you're anxious to see your grades converted, go ahead, and send another transcript before you apply.

SanchoPanzo

• My avatar is hotter than your avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2005, 07:07:07 AM »
Place a comma between started and or, and regarding is spelled as I just did. That personal statement had better be ship shape. 

Something worth remembering is you should send in all the necessary info to the LSAC ASAP because they are notoriously slow processing items. It can sometimes take up to three total weeks from the time you request a transcript to the time it appears on your report. That can screw you up if you are trying to have your files in the various admissions office as early as possible which is extremely advisable also. Bottom line: handle the LSAC as soon as you can. I learned the hard way.

Yes. But it's not just LSAC. I know my school is also SLOW. So that could also be a bottleneck.

In addition, one of my LORs lingered for weeks until I went to my Professor's office and demanded that he start writing it then and there. I left his office only after he had written the first paragraph!

I probably wouldn't have selected him but I did a fair amount of work for him in college and ended up TA-ing one of his intro courses.

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2005, 09:03:08 PM »
Thanks for the help all. Law Dog thanks for the heads up on my horrible grammar and spelling. I will definately be spending as much time as possible on the personal statement.

Alibaster

bruin

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2005, 12:10:28 AM »

Thanks,

Alibaster

Yes, you can submit your grades noy. You will have to send an updated transcript later.

TDPookie1

• the sugar cane is back!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2005, 02:54:34 AM »
not only can you submit now, you SHOULD submit now.  they'll be processed a lot faster earlier in the process.  if you wait until oct/nov when everyone else is sending in their LORs and transcripts and such, it'll take a lot longer, and the delay will cause your applications to be considered incomplete if there's no transcript on file yet.

while you're at it, have your LORs sent to LSAC ASAP too.  :)