Law School Discussion

How to prepare for the lack of diagramming space in the LR Section ?

I read in some LSAT Prep book that the LR questions of the LSAT are constructed in a user friendly manner i.e. one can answer these questions with minimal diagramming. I for one am not a supporter of this. I am really used to making big diagrams and using a lot of paper for these questions which i know is not right as i wont be getting that much space in the exam.

How do you guys prepare for the the LR section in these terms? I am one of those people who makes a hell lotta errors if i draw something really tiny. Well i would appreciate if you could give me some tips. Thanks.

jacy85

• View Profile
Re: How to prepare for the lack of diagramming space in the LR Section ?
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2005, 07:29:11 AM »
You shouldn't have to be drawing big diagrams for the arguments sections, period.

SanchoPanzo

• My avatar is hotter than your avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2005, 07:41:46 AM »
You should not need to make "tiny” diagrams. Many pages will have apace above or below the question. Some even have about 25% of the page blank if there are only 3 questions on it.

Practice with real preptests to see how much the space issue affects your testing.

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2005, 08:36:35 AM »
I agree with the other comments.  Space should not be an issue.  Practice with the real prep-tests and adjust your natural style to the tests.

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2005, 07:43:33 PM »
What I have been doing is if I run out of room on a page I write on the desk.  You are not allowed to have scrap paper but there is no rule about writing any where else.

dunson

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2005, 08:14:55 AM »
write really, really small

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2005, 08:26:19 AM »
I didn't think it was too little space.  Are you taking the actual old exams or someone's "fake" exams from a prep book?  Get the LSAC practice tests, which I'm sure you know are actual LSATs previously given, and work with that... it looks exactly like what you'll have in front of you on test day.  Most of the diagrams are fairly simple versions of a tic-tac-toe kinda thing...  You should find there is plenty of room for them.

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2017, 01:05:40 PM »
https://speedypaper.com/paraphrasing-rewriting - this is not just a link. It can rescue every student who seeks help with his or her writing assignment. Save and share it!