Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: In off USC WL  (Read 12322 times)

drewnyc

• View Profile
Re: In off USC WL
« Reply #90 on: August 08, 2005, 08:26:05 PM »
Hi Melinda.

what are your numbers? I too am waiting... I really hope to get into USC, but it's not looking so great.

Melinda

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 08, 2005, 08:47:52 PM »
I am a 166 and 3.6.  Decent soft factors (2 internships in urban impoverished areas with kids displaying severe behavioral problems, ect.).  I was disapointed by the WL, b/c I thought I was a strong candidate for USC, and they are my top choice.   

I was interviewed and they stated they do not get many ppl with my major (major in social work and minor religious studies) so they were not sure how well my major prepared me for law school.  Post graduation I have been working in the area of juvenile dependency law (child abuse cases) with LA county, and my social work background has been extremely beneficial.  I also really hope to get in as previously posted, but with each day thats passes I know my chances dwindle. 

I only applied to schools in California as requested by the bf.  So I am on my way to Hastings.

drewnyc

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 08, 2005, 08:56:16 PM »
fingers crossed for two spots opening up...  :)

sugar

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 09, 2005, 02:48:14 PM »
I'm sure they'll drop whatever they're doing to investigate, especially since anonymous allegations have so much credibility. I'm sure Hastings would never suspect that you have ulterior motives, since nobody has ever tried to get their competition disqualified from anything. And since USC's admissions office is so helpful and so forthcoming with information, I'm sure they'll be very happy to tell the Hastings admissions process what's going on with their wait list. Besides, the poster is doing something really evil by remaining on a waitlist after accepting admission somewhere else. Nobody has ever done that, and the schools frown upon it. That's why none of them even maintain waitlists.

Seriously, I hope that made you feel better. It sucks being waitlisted. But it's because the schools can get away with stringing people along, not because someone else got admitted off the waitlist and is remaining on another waitlist. It's because USC won't know how many people it needs to admit off the waitlist until UCLA closes its waitlist, and USC needs to keep a lengthy waitlist just in case. It's not the poster's fault that USC and Hastings are so indecisive.

This is what you wrote.
I think you should make up your mind.
otherwise it is not fair to others who are still waiting for
admission for Hastings and USC.

I will report to Hastings about a  person from NY
admitted recently still goes after USC.

They might rescind your admission.

Re: UC Hastings Off Waiting List!!!!
Reply #6 on: Yesterday at 01:44:24 PM    

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks   
Hastings was a top choice for me from the begining, and I had just about given up hope when they called...And at least it was in time for to me pack up and move too... I was afraid

cr008k

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #94 on: August 09, 2005, 09:08:03 PM »
I'm excited and happy to be going to my 2nd choice school but I'm still definitely going to keep hoping for my first :)
I'm sure they'll drop whatever they're doing to investigate, especially since anonymous allegations have so much credibility. I'm sure Hastings would never suspect that you have ulterior motives, since nobody has ever tried to get their competition disqualified from anything. And since USC's admissions office is so helpful and so forthcoming with information, I'm sure they'll be very happy to tell the Hastings admissions process what's going on with their wait list. Besides, the poster is doing something really evil by remaining on a waitlist after accepting admission somewhere else. Nobody has ever done that, and the schools frown upon it. That's why none of them even maintain waitlists.

Seriously, I hope that made you feel better. It sucks being waitlisted. But it's because the schools can get away with stringing people along, not because someone else got admitted off the waitlist and is remaining on another waitlist. It's because USC won't know how many people it needs to admit off the waitlist until UCLA closes its waitlist, and USC needs to keep a lengthy waitlist just in case. It's not the poster's fault that USC and Hastings are so indecisive.

This is what you wrote.
I think you should make up your mind.
otherwise it is not fair to others who are still waiting for
admission for Hastings and USC.

I will report to Hastings about a  person from NY
admitted recently still goes after USC.

They might rescind your admission.

Re: UC Hastings Off Waiting List!!!!
Reply #6 on: Yesterday at 01:44:24 PM    

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks   
Hastings was a top choice for me from the begining, and I had just about given up hope when they called...And at least it was in time for to me pack up and move too... I was afraid
:)

drewnyc

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 18, 2005, 12:13:50 PM »
I withdrew from the USC waitlist.

best of luck to all those still on.

and rock on Fordham!!!

Melinda

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 18, 2005, 07:38:12 PM »
I withdrew from the USC waitlist.

best of luck to all those still on.

and rock on Fordham!!!

Hey Drew, good luck at Fordham.  I have heard nothing from USC so I am assuming my chances are pretty much shot.  For me I will stay hopeful since my boyfriend is attending, and I have a place to live if I get accepted.

Has anyone heard anything? 

RockyMarciano

• Sr. Citizen
  • Invading Ithaca this Fall
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 18, 2005, 07:50:35 PM »
I have not heard anything, and it has been pretty difficult emotioanally and otherwise.  My boyfriend is going to USC (engineering), and there are USC letters and packets all over our apartment.  I am getting very jealous.  USC has been my first choice all along.  My family has strong connections there, and now my boyfriend is attending on a full tuition scholarship.  I cannot even imagine how happy I would feel to get in, and end this long drawn out process. 

Hopefully we will hear some good news soon.  I am moving on Friday, and really hoping for a conclusion pre-departure.  I am willing to move back, but it is by no means an ideal situation. 

Hey Melinda,
     I say that you should still keep your head up. I mean, other schools have been taking ppl in on their waitlist for example Cornell. I remember reading a post about the chain of events that occur when a higher ranked school offers admissions to ppl on the waitlist. Who knows, prbly a person waitlisted at cornell was going to go to University of Texas-Austin. All of a sudden Univ. of Texas gives somebody originally going to USC a seat and that person picks up UT. All of a sudden a seat at USC is open. It is crazy but best of luck to you.
www.cpixel.com is the ghetto myspace

Melinda

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 18, 2005, 08:30:10 PM »
RockyMarciano- Thanks for the support!  I really appreciate it.   

gvn2fly

• AOL Instant Messenger - mfcrvm99
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #99 on: August 27, 2005, 04:40:26 PM »
Finally got my rejection letter from USC. I guess that officially closes this season for me.

Others that were on the USC WL, did you end up going anywhere else or are you reapplying for next fall? As for me, I'm reapplying. Good luck to all!