Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: In off USC WL  (Read 12076 times)

bulletproof

• View Profile
Re: In off USC WL
« Reply #80 on: August 06, 2005, 02:32:37 AM »

I'm sure it didn't hurt to put a face and personality with the file.

Unless your face and personality suck.

That would certainly be a barrier.

Well, you should know your limitations before trying this approach.  I got in, so at least in my case it worked.  Let me at least recommend a good deoderant.

flossy

• Sr. Citizen
  • Goddamn monkey stole my sandwich!
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - flossy_kid
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 06, 2005, 07:39:47 PM »
Have any of you been accepted in the past week or so? 

I got my waitlist letter the day before I left the country for two months, and haven't heard anything other than the July 20 reconfirmation.
Mellow like jello, cool like lemonade.

Melinda

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 08, 2005, 03:47:37 AM »
I have not heard anything, and it has been pretty difficult emotioanally and otherwise.  My boyfriend is going to USC (engineering), and there are USC letters and packets all over our apartment.  I am getting very jealous.  USC has been my first choice all along.  My family has strong connections there, and now my boyfriend is attending on a full tuition scholarship.  I cannot even imagine how happy I would feel to get in, and end this long drawn out process. 

Hopefully we will hear some good news soon.  I am moving on Friday, and really hoping for a conclusion pre-departure.  I am willing to move back, but it is by no means an ideal situation. 

MSUDuster

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 08, 2005, 09:05:59 AM »
This probably won't help much, but GOOD LUCK!

dontmesswithMP

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 08, 2005, 10:39:12 AM »
I have not heard anything, and it has been pretty difficult emotioanally and otherwise.  My boyfriend is going to USC (engineering), and there are USC letters and packets all over our apartment.  I am getting very jealous.  USC has been my first choice all along.  My family has strong connections there, and now my boyfriend is attending on a full tuition scholarship.  I cannot even imagine how happy I would feel to get in, and end this long drawn out process. 

Hopefully we will hear some good news soon.  I am moving on Friday, and really hoping for a conclusion pre-departure.  I am willing to move back, but it is by no means an ideal situation. 

It's funny how some people build up unjustified expectations, then become emotionally distressed when these expectations aren't met.

DEARY, SWEETY, HONEY, DARLING --- YOU'RE PROBABLY (WITH A 99%ISH PROBABILITY) NOT GOING TO USC. IT'S OVER. IT'S AUGUST 8. GIVE IT UP. AND IN THE FUTURE, DON'T EXPECT THINGS WHICH YOU ARE UNLIKELY TO GET. YOU'RE JUST SETTING YOURSELF UP FOR DISAPPOINTMENT.

cr008k

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #85 on: August 08, 2005, 12:43:38 PM »
I say don't give up hope yet!! I'm not... and there's still a few weeks left... plus, there was some action on the UCLA wait list which means people could be coming out of USC... and theres always people who will drop out in the next few weeks...

Are we there yet?

• Sr. Citizen
  • We should all do our part...
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #86 on: August 08, 2005, 12:55:47 PM »

It's funny how some people build up unjustified expectations, then become emotionally distressed when these expectations aren't met.

DEARY, SWEETY, HONEY, DARLING --- YOU'RE PROBABLY (WITH A 99%ISH PROBABILITY) NOT GOING TO USC. IT'S OVER. IT'S AUGUST 8. GIVE IT UP. AND IN THE FUTURE, DON'T EXPECT THINGS WHICH YOU ARE UNLIKELY TO GET. YOU'RE JUST SETTING YOURSELF UP FOR DISAPPOINTMENT.

Where did you get the idea that she expected anything? Her post seems more hopeful than anything else.

Melinda

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 08, 2005, 01:23:12 PM »

I don't expect anything, and thank you for those who did not justify this attack.  I hope to get in as pointed out, and it is a stressful situation.  That is what I was attempting to communicate.  I know at this point chances are small, but I am not giving up.  If you have no interest in the USC WL I do not see your purpose for roaming this thread.  Those in a similair situation are more likely to relate.

dontmesswithMP

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 08, 2005, 01:33:44 PM »

I don't expect anything, and thank you for those who did not justify this attack.  I hope to get in as pointed out, and it is a stressful situation.  That is what I was attempting to communicate.  I know at this point chances are small, but I am not giving up.  If you have no interest in the USC WL I do not see your purpose for roaming this thread.  Those in a similair situation are more likely to relate.

If you're stressed out about it then it's no longer hope, it's now an expectation. Let me draw an analogy. Sara and Jane buy lottery tickets. Sara puts it in her pocket and doesn't think about until it's time to check the numbers. She loses but doesn't really care because she never expected to win. Jane obsesses on the lottery ticket, thinking of all the things she'll do with the money and is very stressed out as she anxiously awaits for the results. She loses and goes through a serious mental episode from the stress of losing. A hopeful person is Sara. You're Jane.

I feel bad for your boyfriend - as he likely has to put up with your ridiculous expectations, and the stress you feel when they don't come to fruition, day and night. Poor guy.

abc2103

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 08, 2005, 01:36:53 PM »
Don't feel bad...according to his profile he has only been a member for a couple weeks. This makes me wonder if he is applying for next year...I have noticed that several of the new members are not as sensitive or patient because they have not gone through the process. I think you should stay positive and hopeful! As long as you do not bank on and acceptance and are ready to accept that it may not happen, I do not think there is any real harm in hoping. I almost gave up hope and got accepted to my first choice last week- So it CAN happen.

Don't worry about what other people say...there are plenty of us out here who identify with your frustration and wish the best for you! Good Luck!
By the way- I am sure you are being a great girlfriend but you need to be careful that you do not vent your frustrations out on your boyfriend...as much as it hurts you need to be supportive because you would want the same. If not, you run the risk of not getting into your dream school and losing your boyfriend (and I guess depending on your relationship) that could REALLY suck!
Attending: Brooklyn