Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: In off USC WL  (Read 12368 times)

Melinda

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: In off USC WL
« Reply #60 on: July 29, 2005, 11:47:33 AM »
has anyone else found that they have sort of stopped responding to email... at the begining of the summer when i emailed continued interest, i always got a response back... the last three emails i've sent, all of which asked specific questions, got no answer... do you think its because they are full and don't care about waitlisters any more, or are they just tired of hearing from me about how much i want to go?

i agree.  i only sent one email a few weeks ago and received no response.  Now that your in at Hastings are you going to keep pushing for USC?

cr008k

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #61 on: July 29, 2005, 01:56:31 PM »
Yea, I'm going to keep pushing for USC until the end... well, until Aug 15, I can't wait until the 22nd anymore because I have to make plans for Hastings... I'll just be so glad when this is over and I don't have to keep obsessing about this any more... I figure I will be happy either way, just happier at USC  :)

Hastingslover

« Reply #62 on: July 29, 2005, 04:17:16 PM »
This is what you wrote.
I think you should make up your mind.
otherwise it is not fair to others who are still waiting for
admission for Hastings and USC.

I will report to Hastings about a  person from NY
admitted recently still goes after USC.

They might rescind your admission.

Re: UC Hastings Off Waiting List!!!!
Reply #6 on: Yesterday at 01:44:24 PM    

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks   
Hastings was a top choice for me from the begining, and I had just about given up hope when they called...And at least it was in time for to me pack up and move too... I was afraid

PleaseMr

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 30, 2005, 02:42:27 AM »
i got in !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  via email tonight!  ... crazy amounts of stuff to do now!  2 weeks to move across country, buy a car, find an apt, and move to somewhere I have only spent 3 days in.  Oh well.. im excited!

Melinda

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 30, 2005, 12:02:01 PM »
Wow, I was not expecting more movement so soon.  Congradulations.  What are your numbers?  What did you do to help your chances?

Melinda

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 01, 2005, 01:21:19 PM »
i got in !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! via email tonight! ... crazy amounts of stuff to do now! 2 weeks to move across country, buy a car, find an apt, and move to somewhere I have only spent 3 days in. Oh well.. im excited!

I looked at her old posts.  She has a 163 and a 3.8.  They seem to be admiting high gpa and low LSAT.

cr008k

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #66 on: August 01, 2005, 02:38:04 PM »
oh thats so not what i wanted to hear, i'm the opposite, higher LSAT low gpa!!!
i really wish they would let me in already...

(as to the other post, hastings is my 2nd choice, usc is my first... i'm going to hastings unless usc lets me in, so i have made up my mind)

Melinda

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 01, 2005, 02:56:15 PM »
My numbers are pretty similar on the grid.  Neither are particularly high/low.  In fact they are USC's median.

gvn2fly

• AOL Instant Messenger - mfcrvm99
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #68 on: August 01, 2005, 06:21:43 PM »
I looked at her old posts.  She has a 163 and a 3.8.  They seem to be admiting high gpa and low LSAT.

I sure hope you're right. I have a low LSAT/high GPA myself, plus I increased my LSAT score recently by retaking in June, so I really hope I get in. I'll give it till Aug 15 or so though.

PleaseMr

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 02, 2005, 12:34:12 AM »
yep as seen above my stats are 163, 3.8. Applied late, late jan.  I interviewed in April w/ Dean Hoye. Waitlisted, then priority waitlisted. Now, estatic. :)

Beyond numbers, I would like to think I have a strong, interesting record.