I got the continued interest waitlist update letter early last week and I got the acceptance email on Friday (which really surprised me because I didn't even think I was going to return the waitlist form). I didn't send anything additional to USC except the initial form saying I wanted to be on the waitlist. I'm 99% sure I will not be accepting their offer of admission, hopefully you'll get my seat!
i am still waiting on USC as well. I was pretty set on Hastings, and then my boyfriend got an email a week ago that he got into the USC engineering program. He was originally going to move to SF with me and apply to bay area schools next round. We are currently in the airport in Peru on our way back to LA where we have to make some tough decisions of our own. My mom replied for me to the stay on the waitlist letter. I turned down Loyola and now it looks like I may be in a LDR if USC doesnt work out. I am hoping him getting into USC will help b-c we live together. For the 2 ppl turning down USC, have you already told them?