Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: The Food Thread  (Read 3413 times)

Made4law

• Sr. Citizen
  • "to boldly go, where no man has gone before"
    • View Profile
Re: The Food Thread
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2005, 08:33:11 PM »
MMM. Food! Last weekend before my road trip, I cooked up a lot for my husband. I made him some pot roast with roasted potatoes, carmalized onion, carrots, and green beans. I also made him this delicious cake with banana filing.

I've been cooking lunch and dinner every day as well. Today I made fresh steak tacos. I think I might make a marble fudge cake for dessert. . .

Aside from what I can cook, I would really like some Thai Food. Anyone had that Mai Thai place on Kirby in Htown?

Ooooooh, I know I'm coming to your house for dinner ;D  Houston is also ranked one of the top 5 Fattest cities in the country, which means, in the world.  I know why, the food is off the meter! We have eaten at Pappas and Pappadeaux and it was awesome. I had alligator at Pappadeaux's, it was ok. Kinda like a cross between chicken breast and Catfish.  I've seen a ton of places advertising crawfish by the pound.  I haven't even eaten much BBQ yet, I'm pacing myself ;D
"Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy."

Roxie

• Sr. Citizen
  • Who wants a clean house!?!?!?
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2005, 10:43:45 AM »
Crabs!!!  I love sitting around the table with my fam gossiping and eating crabs/drinking beer.  That's the best!!

Scurv - where were you for the BLSD birthday party?  We needed you to cook!!  There was no food at that sorry party!! ;)

I had my fam over yesterday and made turkey legs/wings, sweet potatoes, greens and stuffing with gravy.  Needless to say, I am not eating ANYTHING today!!!

Who is Cousin Jeff?  Any reports on the special?  I saw on a documentary yesterday that obesity in the hispanic community is worse than in the black community.  This was surprising to me because the media always makes out like we are the worst at every damn thing.... >:(

AAAAAh, Cheasecake(licking my chops)

And I'm from Maryland, so there's nothing like a good ol fashion crab feast
Think before you speak.

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2005, 11:08:49 AM »
roxie..this is cousin jeff..i still missed the documentary.. wasn't that interested to be honest

We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...

Roxie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2005, 11:26:32 AM »
I can't see the pic...
Think before you speak.

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2005, 11:43:34 AM »

does this one work for you?
We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...

Roxie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2005, 11:50:53 AM »
Yes - thanks.  What is his deal?  I am having a little trouble with his name....Cousin Jeff. :D  Whassup with that?

My bf rants and raves about Pappadeaux's like there is no tomorrow.  Is that only a Houston restaurant?  Is there anything similar in DC?

does this one work for you?
Think before you speak.

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2005, 12:04:27 PM »
hmm i think Legal Seafood may be similar.. it's the closet restaurant that comes to it..but they have alligator at Pappadeux.. one dish that i won't be trying :D

i think Cousin Jeff used to be on Rap City..don't know where the name came from perhaps has something to do with Big Tigger ::).. but he's also a preacher.. pretty intelligent brotha

Roxie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2005, 12:18:09 PM »
Did you hear the gay rumors about Tigger???  Apparently Superhead called him out..... :o :o :o
Think before you speak.

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2005, 12:25:30 PM »
i wouldn't be surprised :D

lex19

« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2005, 12:34:59 PM »
a friend of mine dated tigger, that would suck for her if he is a homosexual