Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: The Food Thread  (Read 3139 times)

Roxie

• Sr. Citizen
  • Who wants a clean house!?!?!?
    • View Profile
    • Email
The Food Thread
« on: July 15, 2005, 01:07:59 PM »
One of my other favorite topics....

So last night, I was craving ribs and had the Jack Daniels ribs and shrimp from Friday's.  YUM!!!!!  :P :P I was a member of the Clean Plate Club (to which I have a lifetime membership!).  I felt so greedy - here I am with ribs and my bf ordered a salad!! :o  Men like women who aren't ashamed to eat, right...

Restaurant week in DC is 8/1-8/7.  http://www.opentable.com/promo.aspx?pid=68&ref=299&m=9
Think before you speak.

blkhtw

• One day at a time
    • View Profile
Re: The Food Thread
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2005, 03:16:19 PM »
I'm craving crawfish. I have been in Houston for a few months and I still don't know where to get some crawfish. But I'm lovin the wings places down here. I'm always calling my mom telling her about the wings. There are more seafood places down here in Htown than in LA. I don't think people realized that Houston is more than just BBQ.

One of my other favorite topics....

So last night, I was craving ribs and had the Jack Daniels ribs and shrimp from Friday's.  YUM!!!!!  :P :P I was a member of the Clean Plate Club (to which I have a lifetime membership!).  I felt so greedy - here I am with ribs and my bf ordered a salad!! :o  Men like women who aren't ashamed to eat, right...

Restaurant week in DC is 8/1-8/7.  http://www.opentable.com/promo.aspx?pid=68&ref=299&m=9

Statistic

• LSD Obsessed
  • I never had a chance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2005, 03:34:29 PM »
I made an oreo cheesecake. Really good.  :)
Look to the left -- Look to the right

YoungIke

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2005, 03:37:34 PM »
AAAAAh, Cheasecake(licking my chops)

And I'm from Maryland, so there's nothing like a good ol fashion crab feast

ScurvyWench

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2005, 03:48:14 PM »
MMM. Food! Last weekend before my road trip, I cooked up a lot for my husband. I made him some pot roast with roasted potatoes, carmalized onion, carrots, and green beans. I also made him this delicious cake with banana filing.

I've been cooking lunch and dinner every day as well. Today I made fresh steak tacos. I think I might make a marble fudge cake for dessert. . .

Aside from what I can cook, I would really like some Thai Food. Anyone had that Mai Thai place on Kirby in Htown?

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2005, 05:30:32 PM »
Go to Pappa's they have really good seafood...

I'm craving crawfish. I have been in Houston for a few months and I still don't know where to get some crawfish. But I'm lovin the wings places down here. I'm always calling my mom telling her about the wings. There are more seafood places down here in Htown than in LA. I don't think people realized that Houston is more than just BBQ.

We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...

Victor

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2005, 05:47:35 PM »
Did anyone watch Cousin Jeff's special about the overweight epidemic in the black community?

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2005, 05:49:08 PM »
nope..but it'll be back on BET late this evening

Did anyone watch Cousin Jeff's special about the overweight epidemic in the black community?

We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...

blkhtw

• One day at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2005, 06:53:16 PM »
I heard that they were expensive.  I went to Catfish Galore on 1960 and I loved the place but no crawfish.  :( It was okay though because I love catfish.

Go to Pappa's they have really good seafood...

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2005, 07:00:18 PM »
depends on what u get blk (feels weird calling someone else that :D )... there's a place called Rajun Cajun that's a lot cheaper that has crawfish I believe...

i'll ask my girl about some spots on 1960 for you..OH.. check out Captain Tom's.. it's in the shape of a boat :D ... they have inexpensive seafood as well...