Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Email from Admissions-  (Read 10142 times)

cam108

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Email from Admissions-
« on: July 15, 2005, 11:46:30 AM »
What do you guys make of this? I received a emal basically saying they are actively reviewing my file right now, for admissions off the waitlist. And that they are at this point trying to see how many spaces they have availble to see how many more offers they can make.
I have already sent 2 additional lor's and 2 continued interest statements, so i dont have anymore to give them, even though she said I could send in any updated materials at this point. Is this a good sign? I'd sure like to hope so, i've been pestering these people sioce May!!!! :D  Or still just another flaky email to update my of status and I still may or maynot get in??

HUSL 1L

tegra8

Re: Email from Admissions-
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2005, 11:50:49 AM »
no idea... but what school?

ScurvyWench

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2005, 11:57:29 AM »
I think it sounds good. Tell them that if they'll let you in, you'll be on a plane to come visit  with deposit in hand next week. That should get them movin'. You can stay with me when you come and I'll drive you around. Good luck!

BTW, the dean of my UGrad (who I'm super ultra close with) is good friends with the Dean of STCL. Maybe it will help if I go by with you?

GO_PTO

• Sr. Citizen
  • my children... I have returned for law school!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - helios933
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2005, 11:57:49 AM »
What do you guys make of this? I received a emal basically saying they are actively reviewing my file right now, for admissions off the waitlist. And that they are at this point trying to see how many spaces they have availble to see how many more offers they can make.
I have already sent 2 additional lor's and 2 continued interest statements, so i dont have anymore to give them, even though she said I could send in any updated materials at this point. Is this a good sign? I'd sure like to hope so, i've been pestering these people sioce May!!!! :D  Or still just another flaky email to update my of status and I still may or maynot get in??

you could always just handwrite another letter repeating you would jump on board. Yeah maybe you are repeating yourself, but at this point they just want someone who is still interested, so it may put you on top of the list.

I would keep sending in AND e-mailing letters. That is what they want at this point
(163+172)/3.5

acl1013

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2005, 11:59:09 AM »
Cam, you had told me when I aksed the same question that it isn't necessarily a guaranteed admission but it probably is not a rejection.  I wish there was an official admissions quote or something saying why they would send out emails like that.  It's been 8 days and I haven't heard anything after receiving the continued interest email.  I'd say just write back and say that you would definitely go and maybe see and say/ask what else you could do to gain admission. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! Good luck.

I'm gonna add to Cam's question and ask the rest of you all.  How long would you email back the dean after receiving an email from admission? (I already responded that I would definitely attend etc but it's not been a week).

ScurvyWench

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2005, 12:06:39 PM »
Cam, you had told me when I aksed the same question that it isn't necessarily a guaranteed admission but it probably is not a rejection.  I wish there was an official admissions quote or something saying why they would send out emails like that.  It's been 8 days and I haven't heard anything after receiving the continued interest email.  I'd say just write back and say that you would definitely go and maybe see and say/ask what else you could do to gain admission. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! Good luck.

I'm gonna add to Cam's question and ask the rest of you all.  How long would you email back the dean after receiving an email from admission? (I already responded that I would definitely attend etc but it's not been a week).

Can you re-state your question? It's not clear. . .

acl1013

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2005, 12:12:55 PM »
Sorry, just woke up.  I received an email from the dean saying they were reviewing my file last thursday.  She asked if I was still interested so I called and emailed back saying that I was definitely interested.  It's been about a week and I haven't heard anything. I don't know how long I should wait before sending another email along. I don't know what else to say or include since I'm out of LORs and updates.

cam108

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2005, 12:16:23 PM »
the school is University of Houston! I'm still fighting the good fight to come to houston, wether it be via STCL or Houston at this point! :)

Well I emailed her back and again stated, how much i want to attend. So we shall see guys!

Scurvy-yes, i'm sure that would help! but at this point, i'm not coming to visit untill I get an offer of admission! :) oh, but you're right! i shoulda told her that!!! Aw, man i dont know how i forgot to mention that. o well

Acl- I think contacting them once a week at this point wouldnt be bad. since its getting so late in the game, we dont have much time left!!!

HUSL 1L

acl1013

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2005, 12:22:44 PM »
Cam you are right.  I'm so discouraged right now since it's my only shot of going to school this Fall. I just don't want to annoy anyone you know? But I'm gonna try saying that I'm moving there and can attend at a moment's notice. I don't know if that will help or saying that I'll send in my year's tuition tomorrow if I had to.  :(

cam108

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2005, 12:29:25 PM »
acl- Dont be discouraged! i'm in similiar situation as you.  I mean as long as you're not calling/writing every day, i dont think you would come off as annoying. Just a student who is vey interested and determined to attend that particular school. I would definetely let them know, you'd attend/visit in a heartbeat! That sounds good espeically if you're outta state! Good luck! :D
HUSL 1L