I just got into my #1 choice off the waitlist after I was told chances of this occuring were "slim to none". Unfortunately, I manage a small firm and told them I would stay b/c I was going to reapply to my #1 choice next cycle. My fiance and I have been operating since June on the premise that I was going to school next fall. Now I feel like kind of a jerk for asking my 1st choice for a deferral and have taken heat for it on this board as well.
Anyone else have this issue come up?
I don't want to start law school after burning a bridge with my current employer, hurting clients who have depended on me for years, being freaked out over housing and the move, not being able to have the SO come with me and not having enough cash saved.