Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Affirmative action = bullsh*t  (Read 42041 times)

DMG

• View Profile
Re: Affirmative action = bullsh*t
« Reply #60 on: July 19, 2005, 08:07:50 PM »
3peat, what the f*ck are you talking about? I have a 174 LSAT and a 3.55 GPA with 1 year of undergrad to go. I am going to have my pick of schools, and likely more than you.
:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

ImVinny!

• Sr. Citizen
  • What am I?
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #61 on: July 20, 2005, 09:55:36 AM »
"People are not given a free pass because they are a certain ethnicity."

Then you have no clue what is going on here. It seems that people ARE, they can easily say that their low numbers were because of "the man trying to hold em down" this makes no sense to me at all.

ImVinny!

• Sr. Citizen
  • What am I?
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #62 on: July 20, 2005, 09:56:47 AM »
"Remember that the constitution is not exactly gospel. Just because something isn't in there doesn't mean it's fine. Based on merit, I'd say legacy admits are worse in regards to individual fairness. AA may be more dangerous though for reasons I stated earlier that were ignored."

I agree, legacy admits are just as bad as AA, but in many regards AA is worse because it is making it seem as though you can get in ONLY by race. The legacy admits at least needed their relative to go there in order to attend, although I still don't agree with that either.

Nemesis

• LSD Obsessed
  • The High Priestess
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 20, 2005, 09:58:16 AM »
"People are not given a free pass because they are a certain ethnicity."

Then you have no clue what is going on here. It seems that people ARE, they can easily say that their low numbers were because of "the man trying to hold em down" this makes no sense to me at all.

Because racism and prejudice against people of color no longer exists, right?
Who's your Daddy now?

ImVinny!

• Sr. Citizen
  • What am I?
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #64 on: July 20, 2005, 10:00:02 AM »
"Walk a mile in the shoes of the oppressed"

The OPPRESSED?! What the heck are you talking about. You can use any bathroom you very darn well please, and also you can use the water fountain, not to mentino you can also GET A JOB!!

Nemesis

• LSD Obsessed
  • The High Priestess
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 20, 2005, 10:05:29 AM »

The OPPRESSED?! What the heck are you talking about. You can use any bathroom you very darn well please, and also you can use the water fountain, not to mentino you can also GET A JOB!!

Oh no! Not use the SAME BATHROOM!!! You are so right. We should be so greatful that we can use the same bathroom as whites now.

That's what I call progress.
Who's your Daddy now?

ImVinny!

• Sr. Citizen
  • What am I?
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #66 on: July 20, 2005, 10:07:58 AM »
I told you I wasn't going to play your games anymore, you do not exist to me, and it's NOT because you're URM, it's cause of YOU. lol!

twarga

• Sr. Citizen
  • Must have cookie! Me like cookie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 20, 2005, 10:38:23 AM »

Oh no! Not use the SAME BATHROOM!!! You are so right. We should be so greatful that we can use the same bathroom as whites now.

That's what I call progress.

It's funny... the same people who say AA is unnecessary and racist are the same people who cringe when a black family moves in next door.
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=twarga

Attending:  Widener DE $$$
Accepted:  Rutgers-Camden, Villanova, Temple
Rejected:  Penn, Harvard

3.0 (3.82), 166

ImVinny!

• Sr. Citizen
  • What am I?
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #68 on: July 20, 2005, 10:40:36 AM »
I don't cringe at black people, I have no problem with them, it's the AA that I have the problem with, I can care less who lives next door to me, so long as they aren';t causding trouble, and you don't need to be black to cause trouble anywhere.

Nemesis

• LSD Obsessed
  • The High Priestess
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 20, 2005, 10:48:38 AM »
I told you I wasn't going to play your games anymore, you do not exist to me, and it's NOT because you're URM, it's cause of YOU. lol!

I'm glad I make you uncomfortable, because a lot of the comments you make on this board are OPENLY and INTENTIONALLY offensive. You should say some of the things you say on this board to all those URM friends of yours that you like to brag about.

Meanwhile, I have never made blanket or stereotypical statements about whatever the heck race you are.

I really don't mind that you have all this prejudice and bias: it exists and I'll always have to deal with that. But don't pretend that you're so faultless while making statements like:

"It doesn't matter what you out in the books, THOSE kids won't read them anyway" in that Ebonics thread.

Or, "It's not my fault that blacks commit more of the crimes and need more lawyers".

Like I said the first time: You have issues.
Who's your Daddy now?