Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Affirmative action = bullsh*t  (Read 41628 times)

DMG

• View Profile
Affirmative action = bullsh*t
« on: July 14, 2005, 01:01:01 PM »
What's with all this affirmative action BS I see on American University's websites? I live in liberal Canada and it is not this bad. How can anyone possibly support judging applicant's based upon their skin tone, and not be a racist? ???
:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

ImVinny!

• Sr. Citizen
  • What am I?
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Affirmative action = bullsh*t
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2005, 08:32:33 AM »
Yeah, I'm SOO sure some school is going to think, hey, this guys is black, let's deny him. State any modern examples.
Affirmative Action is BS, good observation my Canadian neighbor.

Nemesis

• LSD Obsessed
  • The High Priestess
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2005, 03:46:41 PM »
What's with all this affirmative action BS I see on American University's websites? I live in liberal Canada and it is not this bad. How can anyone possibly support judging applicant's based upon their skin tone, and not be a racist? ???

How much do you know about American history? Maybe that might give you some insight into the matter.
Who's your Daddy now?

DMG

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2005, 03:13:19 PM »

How much do you know about American history? Maybe that might give you some insight into the matter.

What the hell is that supposed to mean? Are people to be rewarded/punished for the fate of their ancestors who have been dead for decades?
:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

ImVinny!

• Sr. Citizen
  • What am I?
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2005, 03:15:29 PM »
Exactly, they had nothing to do with the situation. They just need to MOVE ON!!!!

Nemesis

• LSD Obsessed
  • The High Priestess
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2005, 03:51:18 PM »

What the hell is that supposed to mean? Are people to be rewarded/punished for the fate of their ancestors who have been dead for decades?

Dear God, not another one.

Ummm, a lot of the people who were around in the fifties and sixties are still alive. I've had the pleasure of hearing them speak about their struggles for equality. It's hard to imagine it on your own, but hearing someone's first hand account really makes you think. In reality, it wasn't that long ago.
Who's your Daddy now?

ImVinny!

• Sr. Citizen
  • What am I?
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2005, 04:00:04 PM »
Were they slaves?

DMG

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2005, 04:05:59 PM »
So what? They had tough lives, I don't dispute or doubt that. MANY people had tough lives in the 50s and 60s. My grandfather was blinded in WW2 and had to live the last 50 or so years of his life in that state and just got by. Yet I am not demanding handouts for his hardship, and nor should I.

Nemesis

• LSD Obsessed
  • The High Priestess
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2005, 04:11:06 PM »
Were they slaves?

Discrimination went far beyond slavery. Read a book.
Who's your Daddy now?

ImVinny!

• Sr. Citizen
  • What am I?
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2005, 04:12:38 PM »
I read many books and things, I'm not wasting my time with YOU anymore, you are obviously ignorant fo the fact that people can have their own opinions on thnings and you CANNOT and need not care about changing them.