Law School Discussion

Anyone Get Results from their Trial Program Yet?

legalkitty

• The more people I meet, the more I like my cat!
    • View Profile
Anyone Get Results from their Trial Program Yet?
« on: July 14, 2005, 09:39:56 AM »
Most of us who did some kind of trial program this summer are finished and waiting for the results. Please let us know as they come in; I personally am waiting on Widener's TAP results. I think this is worse than the regular acceptance/rejection wait!!!!! :P

inthesun

Re: Anyone Get Results from their Trial Program Yet?
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2005, 09:59:32 AM »
I am waiting for CLEO results...I got all of my grades back except my CrimLaw final.  The program was awesome and I encourage people to attend.  There was some misinformation on a previous thread about CLEO being for low performers, but there are are a few people going to T-14 schools in the program (Duke, Michigan, G-town, and Chicago in my particular institute), many more T-25, some t-50s and tier twos.  Yes, you pay 2k to go, but they give you plenty of opportunities to pick up more $$$.  For example, if you complete and turn in a journal while you are at CLEO, they give you a $100 book stipend.  You can also get up to $10k in scholarships (not hard to attain) based on financial need, and merit as well.  If you go to CLEO, many schools will consider that in reviewing your application.  They also do placement for those who are not yet in schools once they get to CLEO.  Wisconsin, Iowa, George Mason, Utah and UNC are a few schools that interviewed here, but there are more (I didn't need to interview).  One girl was admitted to Idaho on the condition that she complete CLEO.  Another has a conditional acceptance to BC.  Duke recommended CLEO to quite a few people here.  Most important is the preparation the program gives you.  We were given practice exams, mid-terms with one on one meetings to get feedback, and finals.  We also had a Legal Methods class.  Our assignments were the same assignments and exams that the school who hosted the institute gave to their 1Ls.  Anyway, enough about it...I'm sure you can tell I am really enthused about it.  If anyone has any questions, feel free to PM me.

shadowcreeper

• LSD Cheerleader
    • View Profile
    • law school hopeful
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2005, 03:57:10 PM »
I am still waiting to get my grades back from AAMPLE. They said the week of the 18th, so it is coming down to the line. Hopefully I did well enough to gain admission. I agree that this wait is much more painful than waiting for the original decisions. This has been one of the longest weeks of my life...and the most anxiety filled.

Good luck to everyone waiting on grades!

~K

inthesun

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2005, 09:41:26 PM »
Co-valedictorian of my cleo class!  Woo-hoo!

shadowcreeper

• LSD Cheerleader
    • View Profile
    • law school hopeful
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2005, 06:02:10 AM »
That is awesome!!! Congrats!! :)

legalkitty

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2005, 08:45:49 AM »
Co-valedictorian of my cleo class!  Woo-hoo!

That IS awesome!! Widener awards a scholarship to the person with the highest grades, but I am certainly not thinking about that. I just want to get in!!

Good luck everyone!

inthesun

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2005, 10:26:16 AM »
Thanks guys!  It was a total surprise, which made it even better.  :)

Good luck to everyone else! 

shadowcreeper

• LSD Cheerleader
    • View Profile
    • law school hopeful
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2005, 03:49:21 PM »
Just got my notification. I am in...with one of the highest overall GPA's! :)

I will be attending Albany Law School! I am really psyched!

~K

legalkitty

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2005, 07:48:07 AM »
Just got my notification. I am in...with one of the highest overall GPA's! :)

I will be attending Albany Law School! I am really psyched!

~K

WOW!!!! Shadowcreeper, I am SO HAPPY for you!!!! That is awesome, I knew you would do it!

Now, send some of that my way, will you?? ;D ;D ;D

HippieLawChick

• Current 2L
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2005, 11:08:02 AM »
Congrats to all of you!