All right, I want to put my mind at ease, one way or the other, about the killer reading comprehension. I'm sure others share the sentiment. With an easy games section and average arguments difficulty, the rc makes or breaks the test. Maybe we can reconstruct questions and answers to several questions. A few questions that gave me fits. (numbers are estimated locations with each section) . Feel free to amend and add to this - sorry it's so incomplete.
4. Asked about meaning of direct quote, has to do with continued problems with metal reinforced barriers?
- Inadequate testing of materials
- Inadequate testing procedures
- Lack of foresight.
5. What would the author say about mine shaft shared by salt water and fresh water?
- Barrier would help (I think this was correct answer)
- fresh water would get contaminated
Questions about rhetorical verses situational factors...very tricky - anybody remember?
Schools of Literary Criticism
2. Which individual best exemplifies spirit of the reader-subjective school?
- critic that see links between text and novelist's biographical info
- classical musician, folk artist, sculpter
(question looked easy, but I thought reader-subjective had to do with what consumer of novel brought to an interpretation...so I heavily considered the classical musician..probably overthought this one)
6. How was third model of incentives unique?
- Vagueness and unpredictability of university action (seemed possibly like a trick option)
- University has discretion
- University has complete control.