Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Re: RC....Hardest one EVER?!  (Read 4535 times)

jamiejamie

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: RC....Hardest one EVER?!
« Reply #40 on: June 14, 2004, 11:56:56 PM »
That's definitely it. It would have been a good call to save the Puerto Rican code-switching passage for last considering it only had 5 questions.

jamiejamie

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: June 14, 2004, 11:58:16 PM »
That's definitely it. I can barely remember it as I they called out 5 minutes right before I started the last one! It would have been a good call to save the Puerto Rican code-switching passage for last considering it only had 5 questions.

jamiejamie

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: June 14, 2004, 11:58:43 PM »
That's definitely it. I can barely remember it as I they called out 5 minutes right before I started the last one! It would have been a good call to save the Puerto Rican code-switching passage for last considering it only had 5 questions.

ssser

• View Profile
Specific Questions
« Reply #43 on: June 15, 2004, 12:04:53 AM »
All right, I want to put my mind at ease, one way or the other, about the killer reading comprehension.  I'm sure others share the sentiment.  With an easy games section and average arguments difficulty, the rc makes or breaks the test.  Maybe we can reconstruct questions and answers to several questions.  A few questions that gave me fits. (numbers are estimated locations with each section) .  Feel free to amend and add to this - sorry it's so incomplete.

Oil Drilling
4. Asked about meaning of direct quote, has to do with continued problems with metal reinforced barriers?
- Inadequate testing of materials
- Inadequate testing procedures
- Lack of foresight.
5. What would the author say about mine shaft shared by salt water and fresh water?
- Barrier would help (I think this was correct answer)
- fresh water would get contaminated

Coding Switching
Questions about rhetorical verses situational factors...very tricky - anybody remember?

Schools of Literary Criticism
2. Which individual best exemplifies spirit of the reader-subjective school?
- critic that see links between text and novelist's biographical info
- classical musician, folk artist, sculpter
(question looked easy, but I thought reader-subjective had to do with what consumer of novel brought to an interpretation...so I heavily considered the classical musician..probably overthought this one)

University Incentives

6. How was third model of incentives unique?
- Vagueness and unpredictability of university action (seemed possibly like a trick option)
- University has discretion
- University has complete control.

newposter

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 15, 2004, 12:32:45 AM »
wasn't there something, like a choice for an artist whose work could be interpreted differently? i chose the shakespeare by japanese director one.

melisssasue

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - alemanmelissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 15, 2004, 12:37:06 AM »
wasn't there something, like a choice for an artist whose work could be interpreted differently? i chose the shakespeare by japanese director one.

i remeber that one being other there and that is the answer i chose as well

newposter

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 15, 2004, 12:55:13 AM »
coding-switching

there was the "which of the following would wekane the idea in the last paragraph"
i was torn between b and d:
b was a very general answer while d was more specific

-in the 12 previous months, the Puerto Rican family only used spanish in certain situations.

nathanielmark

« Reply #47 on: June 15, 2004, 01:04:43 AM »
coding-switching

there was the "which of the following would wekane the idea in the last paragraph"
i was torn between b and d:
b was a very general answer while d was more specific

-in the 12 previous months, the Puerto Rican family only used spanish in certain situations.

im pretty sure that was the answer as it established something of a control group that did not meet the observed phenonomen under in the study/experiment

Gin&Juice

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 15, 2004, 04:01:22 AM »
oh man that RC was a killer :o  Did anyone notice that there were a lot of Es in the section?  I actually skipped the first passage which was supposedly the easiest and came back to it last with like 2 minutes left.  I think I got D, C, B, E, E for the oil drilling questions. 1-5

anyone get anyone similar answers.. or what did u get for the oil dirlling?

"I'm Rich Biaaattcchh!!"

$ones

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Specific Questions
« Reply #49 on: June 15, 2004, 04:13:14 AM »
All right, I want to put my mind at ease, one way or the other, about the killer reading comprehension.  I'm sure others share the sentiment.  With an easy games section and average arguments difficulty, the rc makes or breaks the test.  Maybe we can reconstruct questions and answers to several questions.  A few questions that gave me fits. (numbers are estimated locations with each section) .  Feel free to amend and add to this - sorry it's so incomplete.

Oil Drilling
4. Asked about meaning of direct quote, has to do with continued problems with metal reinforced barriers?
- Inadequate testing of materials
- Inadequate testing procedures
- Lack of foresight.
5. What would the author say about mine shaft shared by salt water and fresh water?
- Barrier would help (I think this was correct answer)
- fresh water would get contaminated

Coding Switching
Questions about rhetorical verses situational factors...very tricky - anybody remember?

2. Which individual best exemplifies spirit of the reader-subjective school?
- critic that see links between text and novelist's biographical info
- classical musician, folk artist, sculpter
(question looked easy, but I thought reader-subjective had to do with what consumer of novel brought to an interpretation...so I heavily considered the classical musician..probably overthought this one)

University Incentives

6. How was third model of incentives unique?
- Vagueness and unpredictability of university action (seemed possibly like a trick option)
- University has discretion
- University has complete control.

MY ANSWERS:

OIL
#4) -i chose something like inadequate knowledge(maybe it was testing) of materials
#5) -fresh water would get contaminated

#2) - i chose shakespeare in japan

University
#6) - i chose the vagueness option