Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Re: WROTE after "STOP".....is this bad?  (Read 5726 times)

lemmiwinks

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: WROTE after "STOP".....is this bad?
« on: June 14, 2004, 06:53:11 PM »
Hi all,

I'm new and I just took the LSAT today.  Well, on the writing sample I was finishing my sentence after the proctor said stop and so he took it and said he would send a report to LSAC saying that I wrote over time....Is this bad, will my score be invalidated, will law schools care, most of all, AM I IN BIG TROUBLE??? They don't consider this akin to cheating, do they?!!!!!!!! Thanks.

I think you're in trouble.  You clearly violated the rules you agreed to when you signed the honor statement.  At best, I'm guessing you will have to retake the test and there will be a note on your LSAC file.  At worst, you'll be labeled a cheater and you can kiss becoming a lawyer goodbye.

That's why you should always follow the rules when it comes to the LSAT.  It's just not worth it to get caught. 

nathanielmark

« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2004, 08:15:45 PM »
geez, what the hell were you thinking?  I hope they cut you a break. its just not worth it for the relatively unimportant writing sample.

Hi all,

I'm new and I just took the LSAT today.  Well, on the writing sample I was finishing my sentence after the proctor said stop and so he took it and said he would send a report to LSAC saying that I wrote over time....Is this bad, will my score be invalidated, will law schools care, most of all, AM I IN BIG TROUBLE??? They don't consider this akin to cheating, do they?!!!!!!!! Thanks.

jgruber

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2004, 08:34:10 PM »
Don't know, but it doesn't sound too bad.  They will send a report that you took extra time on the ungraded portion of the test.  Dunno.

runnin_skeerd

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2004, 09:52:28 PM »
I remember something about a LSAC sub-committee review or something like that concerning rule-breaking.  Best of Luck with whatever happens.

Ginatio

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2004, 10:32:34 PM »
ahhhahahahaha.. sucker. that's the funniest thing i've ever heard of. it'll be even funnier if you get 99th+ percentile.

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2004, 12:37:46 PM »
ahhhahahahaha.. sucker. that's the funniest thing i've ever heard of. it'll be even funnier if you get 99th+ percentile.

You're such an ass.  Why bother posting if you're just going to be an a-hole?  Yes, I agree that this kid f*cked up over something stupid, and will possibly suffer some serious consequences, but the last thing he needs is an arrogant bastard like you laughing at him.  Jerk.

thinknpositive

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2004, 12:52:52 PM »

You're such an ass.  Why bother posting if you're just going to be an a-hole?  Yes, I agree that this kid f*cked up over something stupid, and will possibly suffer some serious consequences, but the last thing he needs is an arrogant bastard like you laughing at him.  Jerk.

It's definitely ironic. Of all the sections to get caught cheating on......  Man, does that suck. 

Ginatio

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2004, 12:58:01 PM »
lol. lighten up. odds are nothing will happen except for a slap on the wrist.

grahamers

• Sr. Citizen
  • Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2004, 01:05:02 PM »
If anything other than a note happens, I would be shocked.  Noone reads the damn samples except in rare cases, anyway.
34 years old    170 LSAT 2.33 UGPA
Accepted: Wake, Mason, Catholic, Maryland, Baltimore, WVU, Widener
Waitlisted: American
Dinged: GW, Georgetown
Still haven't heard from: Villanova
Attending Mryland

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2004, 01:50:46 PM »
I'd also be shocked if anything more serious happens, but we don't know for sure.  And this person was obviously worried and upset about it when they posted.  I just didn't think, as ironic/amusing as it was to some, that it was in any way appropriate for someone laugh at him for it.  At least if I was in his shoes, I wouldn't.  Some people have absolutely NO concept of empathy.