Law School Discussion

if rove should be fired so should michael isikoff...

amarain

• View Profile
    • Atlanta Private Investigator
Re: if rove should be fired so should michael isikoff...
« Reply #40 on: July 14, 2005, 08:24:00 AM »
"Do Americans riot in the streets every time Arabs burn a flag in demonstration? "

No, because Americans could care less, in fact we burn out OWN flags. Although I heard somewhere that there was going to be a move in Congress to once again ban flag burning, is this true?

Oh I hope so. Let's stop everything until this crucial flag-burning issue is settled. Fighting terrorism and the economy can wait.

amarain

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 14, 2005, 08:25:19 AM »
Hey Am......we can still be friends, right?   ;)

Hey, you say tomato, I say tomahto, you say liberal media conspiracy, I say steady erosion of civil liberties by a neoconservative government. ;)

i'll take that as a yes.   :)

Indeed. :)

Hooray for bipartisan cooperation!

Now, let's get back to fighting.

Abevigoda

• You've been Kittled!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 14, 2005, 08:25:46 AM »
The amendment is floated around practically every session so Republicans can say to Democratic incumbants during elections, "I support the flag.  The Democratic incumbant I am running against hates America and burns flags on the street.  Just look at how he voted!!"

amarain

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 14, 2005, 08:27:20 AM »
The amendment is floated around practically every session so Republicans can say to Democratic incumbants during elections, "I support the flag.  The Democratic incumbant I am running against hates America and burns flags on the street.  Just look at how he voted!!"

So true. Same with the gay marriage thing, actually. They know a constitutional amendment to ban gay marriage will never pass, but this way they can say "I support families and God and apple pie, while my opponent endorses sodomy and orgies and possibly pedophilia."

jassulli

« Reply #44 on: July 14, 2005, 08:29:35 AM »

So true. Same with the gay marriage thing, actually. They know a constitutional amendment to ban gay marriage will never pass, but this way they can say "I support families and God and apple pie, while my opponent endorses sodomy and orgies and possibly pedophilia."

oh, its more than just that... i was watching some of the arguments on the Senate floor for the amendment and they were linking gay marriage to teenage pregnancy, too  ::)

Abevigoda

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 14, 2005, 08:31:14 AM »
How the hell is that even possible?  Transcript?

amarain

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 14, 2005, 08:31:30 AM »
oh, its more than just that... i was watching some of the arguments on the Senate floor for the amendment and they were linking gay marriage to teenage pregnancy, too  ::)

:D Clearly some senators are in need of a biology lesson....

jassulli

« Reply #47 on: July 14, 2005, 08:36:17 AM »
How the hell is that even possible?  Transcript?

i dont know where to find the transcript.  i saw it on C-Span.  they cited the rise in teen pregnancy in the Netherlands following the legalization of same-sex marriage.  they had a cute little chart and everything.  it looked so smart and professional, how could it be wrong?  ::)  too bad correlation doesnt mean causation.

Abevigoda

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 14, 2005, 08:39:29 AM »
That is actually pretty hilarious.  Read Freakonomics, it is all about such things.

InVinoVeritas

• Fine! I shall also fix zee hobo suit!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - NVinoVeritasChi
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 14, 2005, 08:55:51 AM »
too bad correlation doesnt mean causation.

a concept far too many people don't quite understand....