Law School Discussion

if rove should be fired so should michael isikoff...

fooseball22

Re: if rove should be fired so should michael isikoff...
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2005, 07:41:14 AM »
Of course the reaction was unwarranted...in fact im sure there were tons of other factors that played a larger role in the riot.  But the fact remains, do you really want to piss off a large segment of the worlds population?  

gailrules

« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2005, 07:42:55 AM »
But if they hadn't rioted we would never have noticed the Isikoff mistake...so I guess he's irrelevant?

« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2005, 07:45:39 AM »
As far as concern for the muslim world,  do you cons ever think we might want the muslims on our side, not shifting to the radical side?  So there is a reason for a degree of sensitivity, so that every father does not decide to send his son to an anti-American Madrassa?

Plus, what a load of spin and b.s. that it's ok to out a cia agent because she's not  covert.   By outing her, the place listed as employment, BJ&A Associates I think, was outed as a CIA cover organization. That means that other agents could have been compromised, and all of the taxpayer money that went into establishing it was wasted.

Also here's a quote for ya,
" "The CIA declined to discuss Plame's intelligence work, but an agency official disputed suggestions that she was a mere analyst whose public exposure would have little consequence.

"If she was not undercover, we would have no reason to file a criminal referral," the CIA official said, insisting on anonymity because of the sensitivity of the investigation. "
http://64.233.187.104/search?q=cache:PMi-X2KWqqMJ:www.billingsgazette.com/index.php%3Fts%3D1%26display%3Drednews/2003/10/01/build/nation/25-leak.inc+Plame+CIA+referral&hl=es

for a party that likes to preach about morality and right and wrong, y'all surely are not recognizing a wrong, dangerous, and stupid action when you see one. I wouldn't even care if it was Rove, or if was Ted Kennedy, this behavior, and excusing this behavior is more damaging to national sec. than people seem to be admitting. 

fooseball22

« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2005, 07:47:28 AM »
it doesnt matter anyway...rove is going to get boinked b/c of lying, not outing a CIA operative.

Abevigoda

• You've been Kittled!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2005, 07:48:36 AM »
I wasn't saying we should be soft on terrorist, I think they should be dealt with, swiftly and without mercy.  But I do think serious thought needs to be put into why so many young men are becoming terrorists and what we can do to stop that from happening in the first place.  Desecrating the Koran is not helping anything.

fooseball22

« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2005, 07:50:48 AM »
I wasn't saying we should be soft on terrorist, I think they should be dealt with, swiftly and without mercy.  But I do think serious thought needs to be put into why so many young men are becoming terrorists and what we can do to stop that from happening in the first place.  Desecrating the Koran is not helping anything.

i thought we shouldnt care about the muslim community?

Julie Fern

• hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2005, 07:51:28 AM »
why is the muslm community worried about book desecration when people are blowing themselves up in their name.  and knocking down buildings.  and killing their own people in Iraq?  aren't these more important questions?

muslims certainly should be concerned about violence--which not come just from muslims, however.  part of it about which you complain being waged by americans against muslims, so abuse of koran (and comments like yours) only seem to confirm this theory.  riots in response to newsweek story only show how true this is.

consider it this way:  how does abuse of koran help american cause?

Julie Fern

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2005, 07:53:29 AM »
by way, phanny:  if abuse of such symbols not important, then tell julie how you feel about amendment that protects desecration of u.s. flag.  hmmmmmmm?

amarain

• View Profile
    • Atlanta Private Investigator
« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2005, 07:56:15 AM »
the fact that prisoner abuse now includes desecrating a book only shows how civilized a nation we are.  Prisoner abuse used to include murder....plain and simple.  But we are outraged that someone tore up a book?  it's just so petty in the long view of history.

I absolutely guarantee you that if there were reports of people tearing up and urinating on Bibles, there would be outrage from our politicians here. And the Koran is considered even MORE holy than the Bible in Islam because the physical book itself has a great deal of significance, even more so than the Bible in Christianity.

Prisoner abuse still does include murder. Let's not forget that some prisoners died in Abu Ghraib under the watch of American guards.

The riots were not caused by the Newsweek article. How many people in Afghanistan do you think read Newsweek? It was like throwing a match on a bonfire. Sure, it didn't help, but that situation was way out of control already.

Julie Fern

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2005, 07:56:46 AM »
no, but we do send bombers.