Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: LSAT discrepancies  (Read 16662 times)

SkullTatt

Re: LSAT discrepancies
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2005, 01:24:14 PM »
Rude...

tms31078

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2005, 02:34:56 PM »
Rude...
i wasn't asking at all being rude, but those numbers are almost identical to mine and i have really written off any top 50 schools, as i am a white male, but if she is a white female, maybe i should reconsider and try a few long shots.

SCgrad

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2005, 10:56:17 PM »
Rude...
i wasn't asking at all being rude, but those numbers are almost identical to mine and i have really written off any top 50 schools, as i am a white male, but if she is a white female, maybe i should reconsider and try a few long shots.

There is more to an app than LSAT/GPA/race.

Also, take some shots, there is only one surefire way to not get in...

tms31078

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2005, 01:58:24 AM »
Rude...

sure there is, but affirmative action, being the joke it is, lets very unqualified people into schools based on race. not socioeconomic factors, but race and race alone. being a white male i dont have that going for me, hence the reason i asked about race.

ark2612

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2005, 05:11:20 PM »

Um....not really.  When you start being indexed on things OTHER then LSAT, gpa and race.  Get back to me.

Lsassy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2005, 05:39:44 PM »
Ummmm...I'm not sure you can just look at her numbers and assume that she must've been of a non-white race to get in...what about her personal statement, her resume, her activities...

Using your line of reasoning then I guess I can ask: who is she sleeping with? (if she's not black or hispanic or...the rest)

TruOne

• Sr. Citizen
  • I'm still standing. . .I'm still here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2005, 02:10:17 PM »
Rude...

sure there is, but affirmative action, being the joke it is, lets very unqualified people into schools based on race. not socioeconomic factors, but race and race alone. being a white male i dont have that going for me, hence the reason i asked about race.

You also have to admit that Law Schools don't want assholes in their classes. With a perspective like that, I'd admit a retarded monkey with a 123 over you.
Warning: Educated Black Man

University of Law '09

tms31078

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2005, 05:49:49 PM »
Rude...

You also have to admit that Law Schools don't want assholes in their classes. With a perspective like that, I'd admit a retarded monkey with a 123 over you.
saying someone is an a-hole because they dont agree with affirmative action is a pretty ignorant statement.

upNdown

• Sr. Citizen
  • My favorite bike - cheap, ugly, heavy, and fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2005, 10:28:44 AM »
Rude...

saying someone is an a-hole because they dont agree with affirmative action is a pretty ignorant statement.

Also, saying somebody who got in is 'unqualified' is pretty stupid.  If she got in, she's qualified. 
GPA - 2.095 (It was a long time ago and I wasn't trying.)
LSAT - 161

In - Suffolk, New England School of Law
Out - BC, Northeastern
Pending - Nothing pending . . . now what?

practiceboy02

• Sr. Citizen
  • Still misbehaving in law school
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2005, 11:32:44 AM »
Rude...

Also, saying somebody who got in is 'unqualified' is pretty stupid.  If she got in, she's qualified. 

Yeah.  tms... You do realize that "qualified" is a subjective consideration, right?  And you also realize that it's ADCOMS who decide the definition of qualified, not you, right?  And nobody cares whether or not you think a particular candidate is qualified?