Law School Discussion

Poll

How do you wear your hair: Natural or straight?

Natural and I love it
Straight and I love it
Natural but I wish it was straight
Straight but I wish it was natural
Who says I can't do both?

The Hair Thread

pikey

• Did ya do it? Then why are ya sorry?
    • View Profile
Re: The Hair Thread
« Reply #600 on: June 13, 2007, 06:09:03 PM »
My hair is super curly too- and since I live in FL the humidity adds to everything that is wrong with my hair. Have you ever used frizz-ease on your wet hair after to wash it. I use it, then air dry and it tames the frizz. I also use virgin olive oil (yes, the stuff in your kitchen) so that may be a factor also

I did, but it never worked particularly well for me.  Now I just stick to Biolage.  What exactly do you do with the EVOO?

I use it as a hot oil treatment.  I comb the hot evoo through, pull my hair back and leave it in for a few hours before washing it.

jillibean

• I'm the pretty one.
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: June 13, 2007, 06:11:40 PM »
My hair is super curly too- and since I live in FL the humidity adds to everything that is wrong with my hair. Have you ever used frizz-ease on your wet hair after to wash it. I use it, then air dry and it tames the frizz. I also use virgin olive oil (yes, the stuff in your kitchen) so that may be a factor also

I did, but it never worked particularly well for me.  Now I just stick to Biolage.  What exactly do you do with the EVOO?

I just put it on right after the frizz-ease. My grandmother has been putting it on my hair for years so its just habit. I don't know if it actually does anything beneficial but it makes my hair super soft.

pikey

• View Profile
« Reply #602 on: June 13, 2007, 06:17:53 PM »

I use it as a hot oil treatment.  I comb the hot evoo through, pull my hair back and leave it in for a few hours before washing it.

Oh.  I can't comb my hair before I wash it, so nix that plan. :)

You don't really need to comb it.  Just pour it on (I like using a spoon so that I don't accidentally dump the whole bowl on my head) and work it through with your fingers.

« Reply #603 on: June 14, 2007, 08:25:03 AM »
yeah I was about to tell you that you don't need to comb it.. I've tried the EVOO treatment as well and I haven't had a comb in my head for five yrs now  :o damn that's a long time lol..

Ok, I'm gonna try that as soon as I get a microwave.

Paper Chaser

• http://guinnessandchocolate.blogspot.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: June 29, 2007, 02:28:59 AM »
Has anyone ever heard of people actually ironing their hair?

pikey

• View Profile
« Reply #605 on: June 29, 2007, 06:43:16 AM »

People used to do it back in the 70s, before there were proper flat irons.  I should hope that nobody is doing it nowadays.  At best, it wouldn't do that good a job because you can't get that close to the roots.  At worst, it can be horribly damaging.

Smokey

• View Profile
« Reply #606 on: June 29, 2007, 08:46:35 AM »

I've heard of Caucasian people doing this, but never black people.  I'm thinking it'd be a lot easier on hair that is long and relatively straight already.  Pretty impossible if your hair is short and/or really kinky.

naturallybeyoutiful

• Everything is everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: July 01, 2007, 03:40:35 PM »

I've only seen that in the movie Hairspray. I have never known anyone personally who did this.

« Reply #608 on: July 01, 2007, 03:49:23 PM »

I've only seen that in the movie Hairspray. I have never known anyone personally who did this.

ahhh i loved that movie, it's one of my favs...i hope the remake is good.

naturallybeyoutiful

• Everything is everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: July 01, 2007, 03:54:32 PM »

ahhh i loved that movie, it's one of my favs...i hope the remake is good.

I hope so, too!  I don't want to be disappointed and think they should have left well enough alone.   :D