Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Poll

How do you wear your hair: Natural or straight?

Natural and I love it
Straight and I love it
Natural but I wish it was straight
Straight but I wish it was natural
Who says I can't do both?

Author Topic: The Hair Thread  (Read 54903 times)

pikey

• LSD Obsessed
  • Did ya do it? Then why are ya sorry?
    • View Profile
Re: The Hair Thread
« Reply #600 on: June 13, 2007, 08:09:03 PM »
My hair is super curly too- and since I live in FL the humidity adds to everything that is wrong with my hair. Have you ever used frizz-ease on your wet hair after to wash it. I use it, then air dry and it tames the frizz. I also use virgin olive oil (yes, the stuff in your kitchen) so that may be a factor also

I did, but it never worked particularly well for me.  Now I just stick to Biolage.  What exactly do you do with the EVOO?

I use it as a hot oil treatment.  I comb the hot evoo through, pull my hair back and leave it in for a few hours before washing it.
The noobs are so into themsleves you'd think they allready have offers at Tool, Tool, feminine hygiene product & Dumbass LLC

lsn

jillibean

• Sr. Citizen
  • I'm the pretty one.
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: June 13, 2007, 08:11:40 PM »
My hair is super curly too- and since I live in FL the humidity adds to everything that is wrong with my hair. Have you ever used frizz-ease on your wet hair after to wash it. I use it, then air dry and it tames the frizz. I also use virgin olive oil (yes, the stuff in your kitchen) so that may be a factor also

I did, but it never worked particularly well for me.  Now I just stick to Biolage.  What exactly do you do with the EVOO?

I just put it on right after the frizz-ease. My grandmother has been putting it on my hair for years so its just habit. I don't know if it actually does anything beneficial but it makes my hair super soft.
UMiami c/o 2010

pikey

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: June 13, 2007, 08:17:53 PM »

I use it as a hot oil treatment.  I comb the hot evoo through, pull my hair back and leave it in for a few hours before washing it.

Oh.  I can't comb my hair before I wash it, so nix that plan. :)

You don't really need to comb it.  Just pour it on (I like using a spoon so that I don't accidentally dump the whole bowl on my head) and work it through with your fingers.
The noobs are so into themsleves you'd think they allready have offers at Tool, Tool, feminine hygiene product & Dumbass LLC

lsn

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: June 14, 2007, 10:25:03 AM »
yeah I was about to tell you that you don't need to comb it.. I've tried the EVOO treatment as well and I haven't had a comb in my head for five yrs now  :o damn that's a long time lol..

Ok, I'm gonna try that as soon as I get a microwave.
We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...

Paper Chaser

• Sr. Citizen
  • http://guinnessandchocolate.blogspot.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: June 29, 2007, 04:28:59 AM »
Has anyone ever heard of people actually ironing their hair?

pikey

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: June 29, 2007, 08:43:16 AM »

People used to do it back in the 70s, before there were proper flat irons.  I should hope that nobody is doing it nowadays.  At best, it wouldn't do that good a job because you can't get that close to the roots.  At worst, it can be horribly damaging.

lsn

Smokey

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: June 29, 2007, 10:46:35 AM »

I've heard of Caucasian people doing this, but never black people.  I'm thinking it'd be a lot easier on hair that is long and relatively straight already.  Pretty impossible if your hair is short and/or really kinky.

naturallybeyoutiful

• Sr. Citizen
  • Everything is everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: July 01, 2007, 05:40:35 PM »

I've only seen that in the movie Hairspray. I have never known anyone personally who did this.
Harvard Law: What, like it's hard?

Special Agent Dana Scully

• LSD Obsessed
  • aka MCB
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: July 01, 2007, 05:49:23 PM »

I've only seen that in the movie Hairspray. I have never known anyone personally who did this.

ahhh i loved that movie, it's one of my favs...i hope the remake is good.
Columbia 3L

naturallybeyoutiful

• Sr. Citizen
  • Everything is everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: July 01, 2007, 05:54:32 PM »

ahhh i loved that movie, it's one of my favs...i hope the remake is good.

I hope so, too!  I don't want to be disappointed and think they should have left well enough alone.   :D
Harvard Law: What, like it's hard?