Law School Discussion

Poll

How do you wear your hair: Natural or straight?

Natural and I love it
Straight and I love it
Natural but I wish it was straight
Straight but I wish it was natural
Who says I can't do both?

The Hair Thread

Re: The Hair Thread
« Reply #50 on: July 14, 2005, 11:35:36 AM »
 :D.. between the curl and the 500 beads with the aluminum foil on the end... kids of our generation had it bad... thank God my folks didn't make me wear either of those styles... those girls would get headaches when they jumped rope with those beads in their hair

why did you post that poor girl's picture? why?!  :D :D

I blame the parents. How do people let their children fall victim to drugs, alcohol and overly wet hairstyles? I don't get it.  :-\

elegantpearl01

« Reply #51 on: July 14, 2005, 11:39:38 AM »
Smu...I can't believe you have never been to a salon, my mom and I go every week.

I live in Florida, I transitioned for about 8 months, the humidity is no joke down here.  My hair isn't relaxed bone straight, but it's relaxed.

I like the looks of locs, but I don't like them for me...it may be un PC to say, but everystyle aint for everybody.

smujd2007

• January 6, 2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 14, 2005, 11:50:20 AM »
Those beads were terrible . . . .I always wanted them but my mom would never put them on me. She would braid my hair and just leave it hanging down. Since it wasn't permanently straightened it would stay that way.  I always felt left out . . .  :-\

faith2005

« Reply #53 on: July 14, 2005, 11:53:51 AM »
i had the braids with beads and rubber bands on the instead of foil. i liked them!

faith2005

« Reply #54 on: July 14, 2005, 11:56:20 AM »

One Step Ahead

• you say you want a revolution
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 14, 2005, 11:57:34 AM »
ok I admit it I once rocked the "wave nouveau"---slightly less greasy jheri  :-[

faith2005

« Reply #56 on: July 14, 2005, 12:11:33 PM »
NOOOOOO not the wave nouveau. Boooooo! My hairdresser tried to convince me to get one of those when I cut my hair. she was like, you don't know what it'll look like faith, just try the wave nouveau. i asked, what is it? she said, a texturizer, it'll give it a nice curl. when she said "nice curl" i said, under no circumstances are you to put that wave nouveau in my hair!  :D i just cut it and had a short curly afro.

Statistic

• I never had a chance
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 14, 2005, 12:13:31 PM »
what do you ladies think about dudes with s-curls?

lex19

« Reply #58 on: July 14, 2005, 12:15:30 PM »
i think that's where it's at rbg......sike, it can look good if it's like a p. diddy s-culr but not a lot of hair curly curl s- curl
what do you ladies think about dudes with s-curls?

One Step Ahead

• you say you want a revolution
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 14, 2005, 12:18:29 PM »
NOOOOOO not the wave nouveau. Boooooo! My hairdresser tried to convince me to get one of those when I cut my hair. she was like, you don't know what it'll look like faith, just try the wave nouveau. i asked, what is it? she said, a texturizer, it'll give it a nice curl. when she said "nice curl" i said, under no circumstances are you to put that wave nouveau in my hair!  :D i just cut it and had a short curly afro.

lmao.  yeah so you understand I will not be cutting my hair again.