Law School Discussion

Poll

How do you wear your hair: Natural or straight?

Natural and I love it
Straight and I love it
Natural but I wish it was straight
Straight but I wish it was natural
Who says I can't do both?

The Hair Thread

Re: The Hair Thread
« Reply #490 on: January 12, 2007, 08:07:49 PM »
nope

Anyone have problems getting a job because of their locs?

smh at the caption of your photograph :D Interesting how "professional" some people find that horsehair weave . . .

Statistic

• I never had a chance
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: January 12, 2007, 08:14:14 PM »
nope

smh at the caption of your photograph :D Interesting how "professional" some people find that horsehair weave . . .

Lol!

Well, in New York's case, "it's real Indian hair." :D

One Step Ahead

• you say you want a revolution
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: January 12, 2007, 08:40:21 PM »
nope

Lol!

Well, in New York's case, "it's real Indian hair." :D

one of the better lines that episode.  I was dyin'

Statistic

• I never had a chance
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: January 12, 2007, 08:54:12 PM »
Yep. I weep for my black women that think they need to walk around with another woman's hair. Sad. I want to see an Asian walkin' around saying this is real African hair. Not. Gonna'. Happen.

One Step Ahead

• you say you want a revolution
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: January 12, 2007, 08:55:59 PM »
Yep. I weep for my black women that think they need to walk around with another woman's hair. Sad. I want to see an Asian walkin' around saying this is real African hair. Not. Gonna'. Happen.

can you imagine?  Asian woman with a fro

« Reply #495 on: January 12, 2007, 09:48:20 PM »

back in the days when Afro popularity was at its zenith, some black hair pros offered "afro perms" to white women. Ol' dude who originated it was called the "Afro King" or something like that - will look it up when i go home

smujd2007

• January 6, 2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: May 05, 2007, 01:35:47 PM »
What?  This is hillarious!!!

I have never worn a weave, never had a perm so I can't relate to a lot of what's associated with that.

Yes, I know that this is old, but I am late.

back in the days when Afro popularity was at its zenith, some black hair pros offered "afro perms" to white women. Ol' dude who originated it was called the "Afro King" or something like that - will look it up when i go home

ladi

« Reply #497 on: May 05, 2007, 10:38:33 PM »
I love my hair. I usually texturize with a relaxer, giving me the option to wear it curly or straight.  Recently I put a jet black rinse in for the first time and which damaged it so much. So I have decided to just go natural...

naturallybeyoutiful

• Everything is everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: May 06, 2007, 08:15:49 AM »
I love my hair. I usually texturize with a relaxer, giving me the option to wear it curly or straight.  Recently I put a jet black rinse in for the first time and which damaged it so much. So I have decided to just go natural...

Good for you.  Let the messageboard at www.nappturality.com become your new best friend! Enjoy your journey!  :)

pikey

• Did ya do it? Then why are ya sorry?
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: May 06, 2007, 01:52:59 PM »

What type of rinse did you use?  Rinses should never damage your hair, in fact that should help protect it (kinda how varnish protects wood).