Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Foreign student needs advice plz.  (Read 1111 times)

Re: Foreign student needs advice plz.
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2005, 01:59:56 PM »
DMG, as a fellow Canadian I'll give you some help.  First google US news best colleges 2005 and go to the law school rankings.  I'll assume you are calculating the GPA correctly (4.33 scale: A+=4.33, A=4.0...D-= 0.67).  Your gpa is probably too low for yale, stanford, and Berkeley, though feel free to apply as a long shot.  You have an outside shot at harvard, and I'd recommend you definitely apply there. Columbia, NYU, Chicago are the schools ranked 4-6, and you should get into atleast 1 of them.  You should get into atleast 2 of the 7-9 schools (michigan, penn, virginia). If you are looking for money, you would probably get a good amount from schools ranked between 10-14 (northwestern, duke, georgetown, cornell).  If you want a full-ride, you'd most likely have to go outside the top14 (which are considered the schools with a true 'national' reputation), to somehwere like Boston U, USC, or Notre Dame.  In Canada you're in everywhere, except maybe Mcgill because they are weird.

DMG

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2005, 02:21:20 PM »

If you like Canada...its people, climate, etc., you probably won't like Texas.

I dont like Canada. I live in Alberta, and everywhere else in Canada is an alien, liberal shithole to me. Thats why I want to apply to US schools, cuz i dont wanna live in gay, liberal Toronto.
:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

GLOBALgal

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2005, 02:28:34 PM »
If you like Canada...its people, climate, etc., you probably won't like Texas.

I dont like Canada. I live in Alberta, and everywhere else in Canada is an alien, liberal shithole to me. Thats why I want to apply to US schools, cuz i dont wanna live in gay, liberal Toronto.

Hrmm… okay… Texans will LOVE you!

DMG

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2005, 02:36:50 PM »
Are you being sarcastic? ???
:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

GLOBALgal

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2005, 02:38:35 PM »
Are you being sarcastic? ???

NOPE.  Texans/Southerners hate liberals and Canada.  So if you don't like Canada and hate liberals, you'll fit in well.

DMG

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2005, 02:41:36 PM »
 :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
sounds good to me.

cassise

• Sr. Citizen
  • To eliminate any confusion
    • AOL Instant Messenger - cassise0414
    • View Profile
    • My journey to law school starting soph year
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2005, 05:34:33 PM »
Unless you have a french accent, I cannot see Texans loving the french too much.

kernelgt

« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2005, 12:43:10 AM »
Unless you have a french accent, I cannot see Texans loving the french too much.

Ummm, Quebec is the "French" state, and is well east of Alberta...I'd suspect that one from Alberta has as much of a French accent as one from Oregon has a Louisiana Bayou drawal.

HTH

kittybofo11

« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2005, 12:51:28 AM »
I don't care what country you live in. You know US schools. Stop pretending like being north of the border somehow means that you haven't heard of US law schools-- and which ones are tops. You took the LSAT. To reigster for and study for the test you obviously looked at American books and materials. I am also quite confident that you know your percentile rank on the LSAT and have read many posts on LSD and LSN. If you are looking for people to tell you how fabulous you are and how much you really "belong" at Harvard and Yale, stay in Canada. US law schools don't need any more conservative narcissists. With that said, best of luck to you.

DMG

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2005, 02:26:36 PM »
What the f*ck was the point of that post, you stupid b*tch?? yeah, I have HEARD of some US law schools, but HEARING about is quite different from knowing about. Especially since I am more interested in the mid-range schools that have nowhere near the name recogniton of a Harvard or Yale. I have no clue what set off your little hissy fit, but in the future keep your mouth shut, no one wants to hear that sh*t.