Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Listen to this bull. My school just sent me 5 reading assingments.  (Read 3615 times)

hylas99

• Sr. Citizen
  • The gypsy woman is watching you now
    • View Profile
    • Urban Sun
    • Email
Re: Listen to this bull. My school just sent me 5 reading assingments.
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2005, 10:04:16 AM »
Some of you are seriously misguided in your responses.  Lawyers arent poets for #@!* sake.  This is why we have secretaries and word processors.

There isnt a reflection of "stress" as one person put it.  Its just a annoyance given the nature of the material.  It is retarded, absulutely retarded that I have to say this but, I read PLS II in 3 or 4 days from cover to cover so, eat it.  :)

"Demon" it sounds like you are the tampon. Stop f-ing whining and do the reading. You really do not know what you are getting yourself into.
You will be at the bottom of your class.  Have fun being a stepping stone.

LOL. Grow the #@!* up. And learn how to spell. BTW: So which school are you attending? Harvard, Stanford, Cornell, Duke, Georgetown? Hah. Right.

stuvxyz

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2005, 11:20:03 AM »
We have to "manditorily"[sic] read a 300 page novel for our orientation. 

Tough sh*t, grow up. If you would have taken 5 minutes to browse the materials you need to read you might have realized, before starting a new thread on LSD, that it is BENEFICIAL to read what the school feels is important enough to make "manditory."

You should be grateful that they're giving you that much material.  Most schools ask you to show up on XYZ date, give you one day of orientation, and then throw you into the shitstorm without preparation. 

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2005, 12:05:20 PM »
LOL. Grow the #@!* up. And learn how to spell. BTW: So which school are you attending? Harvard, Stanford, Cornell, Duke, Georgetown? Hah. Right.

you must rephrase such question for a.j.  try "hardvird, stinfard, cornwell, dook, gorgtwin."

MSUDuster

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2005, 12:19:39 PM »
Demon - easy solution, if you don't wanna do the reading, don't go to that law school. Otherwise suck it up and shutup.

long ago

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2005, 12:50:29 PM »
Hey Demon,
In your auto-respons to Julie thread you say we all come here with similar goals because we have similar interests.  It is interesting that someone gave you what they likely considered perfectly legitimate advice about not attending law school if you can't handle a measly 150 pages of reading in the next month and a half and 3 days of orientation.  I don't think the person who suggested this was trying to be offensive, but more helpful.  You seem to be the one who takes offense at everything anyone says.  I am not trying to make you upset as I am guessing this will, but Dude chill.  That is my advice to you.  If you want to go ahead and call me names and make fun of me I don't care because this is just a stupid (yes stupid even though I am here fairly regularly) message board. 

UOlaw08

• AOL Instant Messenger - psikadelik
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2005, 01:11:57 PM »
What school?

If the OP is referring to the same orientation packet I received, the school is Oregon. And btw, the readings were pretty easy and can be read quickly. I read everything back to back shortly after receiving them. The articles were interesting, however they will be most beneficial to someone who doesn't have much experience analyzing and understanding law.
ATTENDING: The University of Oregon!

In: Oregon
Out: Miami, Texas, IU: Bloomington, Lewis and Clark, Seattle
Withdrawn: Depaul, Denver, Quinnipiac

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2005, 01:12:53 PM »
that certainly describe a.j.

makotosan

• Sr. Citizen
  • Hey, I didn't know boys felt like this inside.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - simulatedasian
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2005, 01:14:10 PM »
I would assume anything they assign before orientation would really be to help you know the general essentials of law school, probably composed of things that past students haven't known and have had problems with. I know some schools will assign a book like "Acing your first year of law school" which is 128 pages but an extremely quick read and just covers basic terminology and what to do and not to do in class and on tests. It can't be anything too heavy... at least I can't think of why it would be.
Attending: Temple ($)
Accepted: Seton Hall (full $), St. John's (full $), Hofstra (full $), Lewis and Clark ($), Pitt ($)

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=makotosan

http://excessivedicta.blogspot.com/

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2005, 01:24:12 PM »
for a.j., it all heavy.

A.J.

« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2005, 03:06:35 PM »
Dont you people understand context?  Your responses are appallingly useless to me.  Look at the title of the thread.

I am annoyed at their assigning me *&^% to do before I even register to only set me up for THREE f-ing DAYS of the same *&^%.

No, 100 pages is not a lot.  That is beside the point.  I work, I am engaged in other materials at this time and in general I dont really care what they try to sell me on in advance.

Is the nature and tone of my OP really that difficult to grasp?