Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Listen to this bull. My school just sent me 5 reading assingments.  (Read 3607 times)

hylas99

• Sr. Citizen
  • The gypsy woman is watching you now
    • View Profile
    • Urban Sun
    • Email
Re: Listen to this bull. My school just sent me 5 reading assingments.
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2005, 11:38:34 PM »
"Demon" it sounds like you are the tampon. Stop f-ing whining and do the reading. You really do not know what you are getting yourself into.

Dunkelzimmer

• AOL Instant Messenger - Dunke1zimmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2005, 03:35:26 AM »
Hi there,

Well, I partage that situation but not the stress.  I've got a whole week of orientation and am due to read a whole book during that time...about 250 pages long.  But stick to it man, for better or worse you are in for the ride, and this is the first stop. 

PEACE
Going from a Slug... to an Aggie.  Davis '08

"MAN PROPOSES, AND GOD DISPOSES." -TOLSTOY

consideringcancel

« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2005, 03:39:40 AM »
150 pages or so to be read before my barrage of manditory (Goddamnit) orientations.  I think I have to go to like three all day seminars. 

Looks like a lot of propaganda to me.  Yarn yarn yarn, I already dont give a sh*t about anything but finals.  I know you arent actually trying to help me out in that respect.   ::)

Damn...where do you go? And is this considered SOP for law schools?

MR2Tyler

• Vrroom.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - MR2Tyler
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2005, 04:54:06 AM »
I'm a little concerned that you're going to law school, but consistently misspelled mandatory.

Just saying  :)

-Ty
Won:  Idaho ($$)
Lost:  USC, UW, UC Davis (Whipped like a Yugo in F1)
Still Racing:  W&M

A.J.

« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2005, 06:30:21 AM »
Some of you are seriously misguided in your responses.  Lawyers arent poets for @#!* sake.  This is why we have secretaries and word processors.

There isnt a reflection of "stress" as one person put it.  Its just a annoyance given the nature of the material.  It is retarded, absulutely retarded that I have to say this but, I read PLS II in 3 or 4 days from cover to cover so, eat it.  :)

"Demon" it sounds like you are the tampon. Stop f-ing whining and do the reading. You really do not know what you are getting yourself into.

You will be at the bottom of your class.  Have fun being a stepping stone.

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2005, 08:07:38 AM »
Your life is encapsulated in my signature. Read up on it again.

Notice the tacit come-ons there Reddy? Yeah, this is a chick alright. ::)

julie bets even your mommy called you "littlewad."

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2005, 08:10:00 AM »
I'm a little concerned that you're going to law school, but consistently misspelled mandatory.

Just saying :)

-Ty

oh, a.j. real scholar, to be sure.

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2005, 08:12:08 AM »
Some of you are seriously misguided in your responses. Lawyers arent poets for #@!* sake. This is why we have secretaries and word processors.

There isnt a reflection of "stress" as one person put it. Its just a annoyance given the nature of the material. It is retarded, absulutely retarded that I have to say this but, I read PLS II in 3 or 4 days from cover to cover so, eat it. :)

You will be at the bottom of your class. Have fun being a stepping stone.

your poor education will most certainly embarrass your employer sooner or later, if not you.

maybe it still not too late for cosmetology school.

alb

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2005, 09:36:59 AM »
Something as yet unspoken in this thread is the importance of attitude. Try not to react immediately with negativity to things that are presented to you. One thing you will need to learn in law school is to appreciate various perspectives on issues. It seems the OP may have made a snap judgment without considering that it might possibly be very useful and helpful to read the materials before orientation. Just as a lecture makes more sense and can go into more sophisticated analysis when everyone in class has read the background materials, so too will orientation be more helpful and productive if everyone has done some preparatory work.

Yes, it is all about the exams, but first semester is largely about skill-building, and it's very hard to build skills in law without substantive background. Maybe you're lucky your law school is giving you a head start in this regard. Take advantage of it. (I suspect many students won't do the reading, and if you put some effort into it, you may benefit greatly.)  Also, that common set of readings may give you something to talk about with the group of strangers that you meet in orientation -- something that goes beyond "where are you from?" and "what did you do before coming to law school?" and "where do you live?".  Your classmates' reactions to the readings can also give you some good clues as to whose personalities are most compatible with yours, or who are the slackers and who are the serious students.

Law school will be a lot more palatable if you give the material the benefit of the doubt. Cases are interesting, law is interesting, even your professors are interesting. Even if that's not true 100% of the time, approaching things with that attitude will help you make the most of your experience.

TheFloridaGuy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2005, 09:56:57 AM »
What school?