Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: How did everyone do on their first testMaster Diagnostic?  (Read 1718 times)

uwofresh

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
How did everyone do on their first testMaster Diagnostic?
« on: July 13, 2005, 03:24:42 PM »
After two months of self prepping with LGB and LRB, and about 10 preptest untimed, I scored 154 yesterday( got 66 correct...damn one more and it would've been 155!)

I'm not happy with the mark, but considering that I totally choked on the Logic games I'm OK with the score. 
The one thing I was very pleased with was that I did the best on both RCs(regular and experimental) than any of my other preptests.  It's not great but considering that I did horrible, I was more than happy with it.

John Galt

Re: How did everyone do on their first testMaster Diagnostic?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2005, 03:26:30 PM »

uwofresh

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2005, 03:29:53 PM »

John, I've noticed that People have been saying that RC for June 2005 was incredibly tough.
In your opinion, was the October 2003 RC a lot easier than the June 2005 or are people overreacting??

thebengalgent

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2005, 03:30:41 PM »
After two months of self prepping with LGB and LRB, and about 10 preptest untimed, I scored 154 yesterday( got 66 correct...damn one more and it would've been 155!)

I'm not happy with the mark, but considering that I totally choked on the Logic games I'm OK with the score. 
The one thing I was very pleased with was that I did the best on both RCs(regular and experimental) than any of my other preptests.  It's not great but considering that I did horrible, I was more than happy with it.

That is an EXCELLENT first diagnostic score.  Stick with the HW and practice religiously, and you should be in the mid-160s easily by test day.  Best of luck.

thebengalgent

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2005, 03:31:31 PM »

155 to 169?  Very impressive - congrats.  Did you do anything else outside of what TM prescribed for lessons/HW/tests?  Thanks.

uwofresh

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2005, 03:34:59 PM »

That is an EXCELLENT first diagnostic score.  Stick with the HW and practice religiously, and ou should be in the mid-160s by test day.  Best of luck.

haha thanks for the encouragement.  However, I do not think I can reach mid 160s because of the following:
a.) I've seen about 2questions from the each LR section before (even though I couldn't clearly remember how the question went), so it may have biased the score.
b.) I've started with a 135 from my first ever diagnostic a year ago.
c.) RC is the hardest to learn, and I'm just finishing three passages.

Hmmm maybe I'm being overly pessimistic?? I'm not sure..but I don't wanna build myself up to fall again..(wait..isn't this a song??) ???

uwofresh

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2005, 03:36:44 PM »

155 to 169?  Very impressive - congrats.  Did you do anything else outside of what TM prescribed for lessons/HW/tests?  Thanks.

I'm not surprised John scored that high.  Starting at 155 COLD is very very impressive.  That usually means that he did very well on RC section and worked his way up on both LG and LR which is more than doable especially for a guy who scored 155 on his first diagnostic without prepping.

practiceboy02

• Sr. Citizen
  • Still misbehaving in law school
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2005, 03:43:56 PM »
To the OP:

I think that typically it's harder to make a big jump if you've already had significant exposure to the LSAT prior to taking a class.  That being said, however, there are exceptions.  My Powerscore teacher said that he had a student who had already taken Kaplan and then took his class and started out at a 161.  She improved to a 176!

I had basically zero exposure to the LSAT prior to taking my Powerscore diagnostic, and I got a 163.  I missed only 1 RC, 7 in the first LR section, 4 in the second LR section, and then 11 games questions (out of 24! pretty embarassing).  My teacher said that he's optimistic for me because people tend to make the most improvement on the games sections.  I'm hoping to get in the mid-high 170s. 

Sp33d

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2005, 03:46:28 PM »
i scored a 135 on my first diagnotic's....never looked at an LSAT or any prep books before...i know it's a terrible score but i'm hoping if i do all the hw with testmasters and practice my ass off i could probably make it to the 160's by test day...well  i hope so anyways  ::)

uwofresh

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2005, 03:49:31 PM »
To the OP:

I think that typically it's harder to make a big jump if you've already had significant exposure to the LSAT prior to taking a class.  That being said, however, there are exceptions.  My Powerscore teacher said that he had a student who had already taken Kaplan and then took his class and started out at a 161.  She improved to a 176!

I had basically zero exposure to the LSAT prior to taking my Powerscore diagnostic, and I got a 163.  I missed only 1 RC, 7 in the first LR section, 4 in the second LR section, and then 11 games questions (out of 24! pretty embarassing).  My teacher said that he's optimistic for me because people tend to make the most improvement on the games sections.  I'm hoping to get in the mid-high 170s. 

I don't even doubt that you'll score in the mid-high 170s! 163 on a diagnostic COLD is amazing!! Congratuations bud~
Don't worry about the LG..I scored 11/24 on it yesterday as well!!  :P
I think the best thing for me to do is, not to ponder how well I'll do on the test day, but set a immediate goal on improvement.  However, I want to set my goal to a realistic 158-160.  In order to do that, I need to improve on my Reading comprehension, which I believe is GRADUALLY improving.   :)