Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: unc wait list update??  (Read 3427 times)

tegra8

Re: unc wait list update??
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2005, 12:59:14 PM »
CONGRATS bhsueieu....  just saw on LSN that you got in!  now who am I supposed to female dog about the waitlist to?!?   I just sent in my final transcript and letter begging them to let me in essentially, so hopefully I will be heading up there soon.

bhsueiu

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2005, 01:32:22 PM »
Somehow I knew you'd be the first to see it :)  Thanks-it's still kind of sinking in that it actually happened.  I was told there were several open spots, so keep your fingers crossed and good luck!  Keep us informed!

dm3

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2005, 02:07:50 PM »
Definitely congrats. Just for my own knowledge, are you a North Carolina resident? With whom did you speak and when? Again, that's incredible news, hopefully we will hear the same.

tegra8

« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2005, 03:16:55 PM »
Definitely congrats. Just for my own knowledge, are you a North Carolina resident? With whom did you speak and when? Again, that's incredible news, hopefully we will hear the same.

since im sure they will be out celebrating for awhile, sure as hell know I would be.....  he/she is a NC resident

bhsueiu

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2005, 03:45:09 PM »
In-state, Dean States was the one that called, and it happened this morning.

Remember that NC state law has a pretty strict req. regarding 75% of it's entering class being in-state residents, so don't take it too personally if you are not called in this round. I think at this point they just plug people in based on residency and other factors.

Keep your chins up!

lol...Tegra, I'm at work trying to figure out how I'm going to wrap up some projects and clean things up before I start school, not to mention how and when I'm going to give notice, so no celebrating for me quite yet.  Besides, I'm still trying to figure out if I dreamed the whole thing...

dm3

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2005, 04:06:54 PM »
Yeah, I figured being out of state, at this stage of the game, can't be a good thing. Unfortunately, this round is likely the last round, unless people pull out literally the day school starts. Frustrating process, never thought being put on a "wait list" would prompt such a preoccupation with receiving a decision.
Either way, congrats again, good to hear that people are actually receiving positive news.

dm3

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2005, 02:52:57 PM »
just got a phone call from someone in the dean's office (Dean States is out of the office) and I was admitted! Didn't mention anything about additional spots, but good luck! Damn excited...

bhsueiu

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2005, 03:29:55 PM »
Congrats DM (Drewmag?)!  Let me know if you need any pointers on scrambling to get everything taken care of.  I've now gotten my financial aid packet, finished immunizations, etc. etc.  I'm ready to go!  Are you going to have to move down here?! 

Tegra, any news?

dm3

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2005, 03:39:59 PM »
Moving down from Philadelphia, any suggestions on where to live would be helpful, I am most definitely flying in the dark right now. I guess I will receive a packet soon enough and turn it around as quickly as possible.

BIG H2001

• UNC 1L
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2005, 05:08:07 PM »
Congratulations.  I'll see you in a few weeks.

Here are a few links with housing info.

www.chapelhillrent.com

http://housing.unc.edu/get_room/off-campus/posting_board/index.html