Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: unc wait list update??  (Read 3468 times)

dm3

• View Profile
Re: unc wait list update??
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2005, 11:01:25 AM »
oh well, just further confirms what I already suspected. I wonder if they are pulling from only in state or from all over.

tegra8

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2005, 01:17:05 PM »
Email regarding waitlist update...I'm sure you'll get yours soon as well.

Basically, they've admitted a 'handful' of students, less than 10, it's unclear whether they will have more spots open up, if you no longer wish to remain on the waitlist, please let us know, thanks for your patience.

*sigh*
yup, that was dissapointing to see...   :-\

bhsueiu

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2005, 09:54:49 AM »
Any news?

dm3

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2005, 12:09:12 PM »
I wasn't expecting anything, figured that email pretty much said all hope was gone...right? maybe once their final deposit is due, but at this point, not anticipating any positive news. if not unc, where you headed? Looks like I am Minnesota bound for the U of M.

tegra8

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2005, 12:10:47 PM »
if not UNC, UTk or FSU.... then ill be working on my masters for a year and reapplying   :-\

bhsueiu

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2005, 12:20:34 PM »
I'll be retaking the LSAT and reapplying.  Still have my heart set on UNC, so will reapply there, but will also open it up to about six other schools as well.

dm3

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2005, 12:29:37 PM »
have either of you inquired with the unc office after that email was sent? or just leaving it in their hands at this point? i was tempted to, but decided it wouldn't make a bit of difference.

bhsueiu

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2005, 12:53:16 PM »
I've sort of established an internal deadline.  I will call them on that day to ask about the status of the waitlist.  Depending on how that goes, I will make the final decision to withdraw from the waitlist, and in doing so request an appointment to discuss my application and get thier advice on how to improve it.  Then I'll reapply EARLY, as soon as the applications are available in September, and retake the LSAT in October.

tegra8

« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2005, 02:12:49 PM »
i havent bothered calling them for probably over a month now.  like ^ mentioned, i have my own deadline not too long after their tuition is due. 

tegra8

« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2005, 11:50:40 AM »
bueller? bueller?