Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: unc wait list update??  (Read 3267 times)

dm3

• View Profile
unc wait list update??
« on: July 13, 2005, 11:30:08 AM »
I am out of state, still hoping for any word. Anyone else in the same boat or received notice in one direction or another?
Has anyone called/emailed the admissions office and received any sort of receptive response? THANKS.

tegra8

Re: unc wait list update??
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2005, 12:32:27 PM »
use the search to find the other UNC waitlist thread....

and nobody has heard anything either way

dm3

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2005, 01:30:50 PM »
my bad, didn't see there already was one.

Waitlisterson

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2005, 02:09:24 PM »
Well, I don't know about anyone else, but I was a little intimidated by that email they sent out to the wait list a few weeks ago.  It made me feel like if I contacted the office they would just scratch my name off the list.  But really, now that the summer is winding down, they have to know that people need some sort of idea of what is going on.  So frustrated-with my fingers crossed.

tegra8

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2005, 02:29:33 PM »
well you can imagine that people probably call very often and ask updates, which is ridiculous.... its called a waitlist for a reason

the few times i have called i have just asked general questions and never really brought up my file specifically on purpose

kinda odd they said they should go to the waitlist by the end of last month and there hasnt been any apparent movement on here or LSN

bhsueiu

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2005, 09:52:14 AM »
What I wonder is whether the delay means they will even go to thier waitlist.  Dean States seemed pretty sure they would, though was noncommittal regarding numbers, but I'm getting.very.antsy.

tegra8

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2005, 10:15:31 AM »
im with ya there... in the other thread I believe the person already in at UNC said the tuition balance was due 8/5 so that should be a big day.  If I dont hear anything the week after that I think it's safe to say I will be reapplying next year....

dm3

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2005, 10:46:44 AM »
I'm far from optimistic at this point, though I suppose that deadline in August will provoke some action one way or another. If they said they were going to their waitlist in late June, however, I imagine they did so in some capacity.

Waitlisterson

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2005, 11:25:17 AM »
Yeah at this point LSN is useless.  If you got a call now, you would have more important things to do then change your profile on there.

bhsueiu

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2005, 10:56:21 AM »
Email regarding waitlist update...I'm sure you'll get yours soon as well.

Basically, they've admitted a 'handful' of students, less than 10, it's unclear whether they will have more spots open up, if you no longer wish to remain on the waitlist, please let us know, thanks for your patience.

*sigh*