Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Fox News: Karl Rove should get a medal for what he did.  (Read 4964 times)

hammer101

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Fox News: Karl Rove should get a medal for what he did.
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2005, 10:06:58 AM »
One of the fox commentators literally went on for an on air minute on why karl rove should get a medal for what he did...yikes

Tony Snow? That dude's way to the right and makes no effort to mask it....
We want a society where people are free to make choices, to make mistakes, to be generous and compassionate. This is what we mean by a moral society; not a society where the state is responsible for everything, and no one is responsible for the state.
--Margaret Thatcher

jassulli

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2005, 10:07:17 AM »
On Fox News, coverage of last week's terrorist bombings in London was, as you would expect, deplorable. Fox News anchors could barely contain their glee as news of the destruction filtered in. To Brit Hume, the death of dozens of Londoners meant one thing - money in the bank.

"My first thought when I heard," said Brit, live on air, "just on a personal basis, when I heard there had been this attack and I saw the futures this morning, which were really in the tank, I thought, 'Hmmm, time to buy.'"
Really? Funnily enough, my first thought when I heard what Brit Hume had to say was, "Hmmm, what an enormous a-hole."

www.democraticunderground.com

wow, thats pretty disgusting.

daggahead

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2005, 10:07:58 AM »
We all should care.  The Bush Administration is making a mockery of democracy and the Constitution.

Karl Rove & Robert Novak should serve jail time.

daggahead

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2005, 10:14:35 AM »
For one, Jane Fonda is not in an Executive position in the White House Administration.

Second, Michael Moore makes documentaries and does not pretend to be an unbiased journalist, as Bob Novak likes to think.

Jane Fonda's apologized for her actions in Vietnam.  Get over it.

jassulli

« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2005, 10:16:01 AM »
where's your outrage when Jane Fonda, Ted Kennedy,  or Michael Moore speaks?

i find Michael Moore and Ted Kennedy disgusting, too.  ive never seen/heard Jane Fonda speak.

but its really apples and oranges.

fooseball22

« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2005, 10:16:51 AM »
neither of those 3 are news reporters the last time i checked.

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • tea baggers, unite! screw u.s.a.!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2005, 10:20:30 AM »
where's your outrage when Jane Fonda, Ted Kennedy, or Michael Moore speaks?

you folks really need some new liberal icons.

brotha

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2005, 10:21:17 AM »
We all should care. The Bush Administration is making a mockery of democracy and the Constitution.

Karl Rove & Robert Novak should serve jail time.

How are they making a mockery?  She is not an agent, just an officer.  There was nothing illegal about Karl Rove saying that Wilson's wife worked there. According to sources from the media he only stated that and not her name.  To be against the law he would have to know for fact and willingly give up her identity.

I know several people who work at the CIA as officers.  It is not illegal for me to say they work there.  This is just a way to get people to try to get rid of one of the best political minds for the Republicans.  He was very successful.  I can understand the dislike from the left, but come on you all are trying so hard to make someone so guilty without it even being proven.  The media like they do in most cases where there are accusations tilt the coverage one way or the other.  How can would be lawyers take such sides when it should be objective in the eyes of the law.  How are you going to write law exams and answer questions in class about policy if you are not open minded. 

What if the medie focused on things about progress? 

daggahead

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2005, 10:21:25 AM »
I did not hear the latest from Jane Fonda, sorry. 

News reporters are, supposedly, upholding journalistic standards.  That includes information that may cause harm to a covert CIA agent.

Lately, Ted Kennedy has been really hammering the Bush Cartel for the lies and deceptions. I hope he can get to the bottom of it.  I also hope that John Conyers can get to the bottom of the Downing Street memo as well as the possible election fraud in Ohio.

jassulli

« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2005, 10:21:41 AM »
have you heard Jane Fonda recently?  she says America is worse now than during Vietnam.  

And I was referring to your "outrage" to Brit Hume.

i dont find that at all analogous to "when i heard about this terror attack, my first thought was how i can use it toward my personal financial gain."