I was accepted to Hastings off their waitlist last week. I had made plans, however, to attend a 3rd tier in my hometown; I was offered a substantial scholarship there, too. I already have accrued approx. $60,000 in undergrad./grad. debt, and if I went to Hastings, I would end up with a grand total of approx. $140-150,000. If I went to the 3rd tier, I'd end up with approx. $115,000 total (the scholarship amounts to $20,000/year, renewable, but I'd still have to take out Stafford loans to afford cost of living, books, insurance, etc.). In addition, I have no money to afford the move to San Francisco at the moment -- I'd have to take out another credit card to pull that off, and I'm not anxious to do that, since I wouldn't be able to defer payment on that.
Any thoughts on this situation? Anyone in a similar predicament?